Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally.....got to go fishing.

Kaiser878

ohio
Went to portage tonight with my buddy and did a little fishing. First fish of the night and.first fish of the year was a dandy.......
uploadfromtaptalk1396744152258.jpg

Caught a few more...none over the 3lb mark though ....all in all a great afternoon of fishing. Felt good to get out

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You suck!!!!! lmao..... Congrats..... Hopefully make it out next weekend.... How sluggish were they???

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Congratulations on a good one, Zach! I got my boat squared away this afternoon and plan to go to Rocky Fork for the first time this year tomorrow afternoon. I will be looking for much smaller logs...crappie. I've had several customers in the last few weeks that have been hammering them at Pain and Rocky. Pretty excited to get out! It's been a long miserable winter.

Kaiser878

ohio
Thanks brock....Ya It was cold, but it was well worth it... This time of year is tough for me...After fishing 75% of the night with a Lucky strike Jerk bait, my left wrist feels like its broke... I bet the cast to catch ratio was 1:100. ha But I guess thats about how it should be when the water is 47 degrees.

I plan to get my boat out this week and get it ready to roll also...Those delicious little brush pile hugging slabs are on my mind right now as well up here..I assume your water down there is a bit warmer than ours up here.... After this week they should really turn on... Let us know how you do.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
The water coming out of the damn at mosquito lake is 38 degrees today.... Talked too buddy who works there.....

bonemonger

kinsman ohio
surface temp. at mosquito is 50 degrees today. nets at the causeway were full of crappies, almost no walleyes. most off the walleyes were netted at the south-east end of the lake. talked to them today as they pulled their nets and they told they got some big pike and one flathead that was probably over 60 lbs. guys have been catching walleyes in less than 2 feet off water.