Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Open Invite/Maumee River

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
One of the things I want to do for you guys on here just to show my thanks, is invite anyone up for a day on the Maumee River for some Walleye. I picked up 3 legals yesterday, so it's starting to happen. If you have waders, I will supply all the tackle. If you don't have a suitable river rod, I would provide one. And if you don't have waders, maybe if you give me enough heads up, I can find a pair to loan you for the day. If anyone of you guys are interested you can PM me or reply to this thread and I will try and get it set up. Maybe a few of us can hook up together. I do get out a few nights after work through the week, mostly I fish the weekends now. It'll be a circus, but I plan on taking Good Friday off and hitting the river also.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I would meet you up there Red sometime..wouldn't mind fishing that side of the river for once either.

Heck yea. Actually yesterday I was on the Maumee side. I felt like Johnny Damon wearing a Yankees uniform. I think what might be easiest is if anybody just wants to meet up on Good Friday, I could guide everybody for the day. We could just have fun tanglefugging and fingerfugging everybody's lines out there if they aint bitinglmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
What an awesome invite and offer Red! Hope you and whoever can take you up on it has a great time and slayeths some wallrye!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Ryan I would love to do thus. Let me double check and make sure there is nothing going on that weekend and I'll let you know. What kind of rod would I need for walleye?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've really lost interest in the last 5 years and it gets worse every year. I live 5 minutes away and I don't even feel like going anymore. Stupid hunting.

loose_is_fast

McClure
hey Red I will be at Sidecut tomorrow bright and early leavin my house in McClure at 6:30AM to get there. I hope most of the A-holes are not there givin it isn't the weekend. Will be the first time out this year.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ryan I would love to do thus. Let me double check and make sure there is nothing going on that weekend and I'll let you know. What kind of rod would I need for walleye?

Basically a 6'6" medium action is preferable, and a reel spooled with braid. If you want, I have Plenty of suitable rods and reels to use. Loose is Fast, I will be up today mid afternoon. I'm working til 11:30 then meeting some buddy's and heading up. We will most likely be at Buttonwood. It's gonna be windy. I'd rather fish in the rain or cold than extreme wind up there. Going to be tough to feel a bite

loose_is_fast

McClure
well i did nothing but catch a couple carp, had one walleye on but came off about ten feet from me. Lots of snags I prob. went through ten or more lures and sinkers