Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Phone Call

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
A boss wondered why one of his most valued employees had not phoned in sick one day.

Having an urgent problem with one of the main computers, he dialed the employee’s cell phone number and was greeted with a child’s whisper.

“Hello.”
“Is your daddy home?” he asked.
“Yes,” whispered the small voice.
“May I talk with him?”
The child whispered, “No.”

Surprised and wanting to talk with an adult, the boss asked, “Is your Mommy there?”
“Yes,” whispered the small voice.
“May I talk with her?”
Again the small voice whispered, “No.”

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, “Is anybody else there?”

“Yes,” whispered the child, “a policeman”

Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee’s home, the boss asked, “May I speak with the policeman?”

“No, he’s busy”, whispered the child.
“Busy doing what?”
“Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the Fireman,” the whisper answered.

Growing more worried as he heard what sounded like a helicopter through the earpiece on the phone, the boss asked, “What is that noise?”

“A helicopter.” answered the whispering voice.
“What is going on there?” demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.

Again, whispering, the child answered, “The search team just landed the helicopter.”

Alarmed, concerned and a little frustrated the boss asked, “What are they searching for?”

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle. “ME.!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
When my dad was younger they were playing hide and go seek. His little brother fell asleep while hiding in the back of the closet. Hours went by and the family was growing worried, so they called some neighbors to form a search party thinking hr may have wondered off in to the woods. While they were meeting in the kitchen, here comes Joe rubbing his eyes. He'd taken a 4 hour nap in the closet and elevated the blood pressure of every adult in a mile radius! LOL

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
When I was 4-5 years old, I fell asleep in the very back section of our Mercury Lynx as my Mom and I came home from the grocery store. Not wanting to wake me, mom gathered the groceries and took them inside and began putting them away. Dad worked the night shift at the time. He went and gave mom a kiss goodbye, grabbed his lunchbox, and out the door he went. He never had a clue I was in there, and apparently mom forgot too:smiley_depressive: Anyways, about a half hour after Dad's shift started, I apparently woke up, and walked into the cafeteria of his workplace. They asked the who's, what's, and how's and then paiged my dad. Needless to say he was ribbed about that one for the next 20 years. I even worked there as a temp after high school and still remember guys getting on the call box and paiging my dad over the whole factory saying a small child wandered into the cafeteria asking for himrotflmao