Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting boots

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I fell into a good deal today. New unused 2 pair of Sorrel insulated water proof boots size 12 for 20.00 each. Correct size to.
Also bought a 30 gallon garbage bag full of new unused men's wool, ski, ladies socks for 30.00. Oh there was a new Ex-large wool sweater included. I get mine first and the grandkids will have a ball.
Plus a as new compact propane heater for 15.00 for my hunting tower.
Plus the new wool blankets the wife bought for 5.00 each.

They set the prices not me as I never offer a selling price.
Got a International estate tractor not running for hauling it away. I can use the parts for my tractor.

The garage sale was a good friend's house who passed away.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes a really good deal but would rather have the good friend back.
My friend did play a joke on me tho. I get home and I have boots for 3 right feet and one left foot. LOL
New with hang tags and everything. Must be a pair of 2 left feet there somewhere.
I went back last night to make arrangements to remove the tractor. The guy told me I wasn't allowed there anymore because I ripped him off on the socks price. I didn't know how to take him so I told him I'll bring the socks back. No we made a deal. He was just joking but he was upset somewhat as he told my son the same thing after I left. He didn't know my son. I kindly reminded him he agreed to the price and he knew that. I guess he got thinking about all the Smart Wool ski socks prices or maybe it was the 100% silk socks and gloves. Oh well.
Now I'll try and buy the other pair of boots from him but I surely didn't see them setting around. There was a line of boots 20 ft. long. ASAP. LOL

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm sure your buddy would have wanted you to have them.

He was that type of guy. You didn't dare tell him you liked something as he would just give it to you and demand you take it. Had to be careful around him and he'll be missed.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After this is all over I'll explain a funny interesting story between him, me and a attorney. It's funny as hell and the attorney is still probably talking about it. Nothing bad.