Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lima Reservoir Conditions 3-22-14

I drove around checking out the local reservoirs for open water and water clarity.

* Bresler is 90% froze with open water around most of the shorelines that extend out 6 to 10 feet. Water clarity is excellent.
* Williams is 80% froze with open water along the west shoreline that extend out about 50 yards. Towards the south the open water continued to improve with ice being 100+ yards from the shoreline. Water clarity is excellent.
* Ferguson is 95% froze with the shorelines having open water in some places out to 8 feet or so...otherwise it's still froze up.
* Metzger is 60% open water, mostly toward the north and west shorelines. However, the east shoreline is open from the north all the way to the south, but further to the south (about half way) the ice is about 50 yards off shore. Water clarity is excellent.
* Lost Creek is wide open and the clarity is excellent. However, the water level is down...about 16 feet.
* Lima Lake is wide open and the clarity is excellent.

There's supposed to be a cold spell from Sunday to possibly Thursday and after that it should warm back up into the 50s. My brother and I will probably hit Lima Lake for crappies. I can't wait to get my new kayak in the water to see how she handles. :smiley_bril:

Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck! One of our customers hit Rocky yesterday. He and his wife did well on crappie. Strangely, they were in 8 fow, caught 'em 2' under a float.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Must have been the thing to do today lol!!! I went and checked out Metzgers marsh and its still 95% froze. I'm chompin at the bit and can't wait to get the canoe out and catch some bass with my daughter!!!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Dan don't sell the saugeye short in Lima lake this time of year can be good on the right day. Good luck on crappies. Me and the old man are heading to larime next weekend. Weather permitting.