Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nuisance trapper question

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Can a nuisance trapper catch cats? Serious question. Just too lazy to look it up. I have a commercial property which wants the neighborhood stray cats gone. Long story I don't want to get into, nor am I looking for smart remarks. Long story short, there is a local group housing them, feeding them, and trying to re-home them. I don't want stuck in the middle. Don't want to tick off the local cat people, but have a customer to keep happy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I don't see why they couldn't do it. They are feral cats after all? Let me look again but I didn't see anything in there about feral cats the last time I checked but that was a couple years ago.

Yes. a licensed nuisance trapper can trap and remove them.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good to know. I appreciate it Adam. Was hoping one of the guys who did some nuisance trapping would chime in.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Any of the cat lovers give you a problem just record video and tell them they are feral cats and nobody owns them. This way if they pull the " I own them" then you can contact the warden of the county and turn them in for animal cruelty for not taking them in for shots and improper shelter and maybe your county they need permits? Not sure about permits for cats. I know the county makes you buy them for your dog but not sure about cats. Plus if the say they own them you can go after them for damages and any other incurred charges because of the cats.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not trying to be smart but how is trapping feral cats in your job description?

More to me than meets the eye Chad. We provide complete property maintenance. Most of this is for commercial clients. Mowing, landscaping, snow plowing, parking lot sweeping. . . . for some clients we go so far as showing empty units to perspective tenants, re-keying, inspecting units when tenants move out, meeting fire marshals, insurance inspectors, checking out fire/sprinkler system alarms. . . . .

You thought I just mowed lawns and plowed a couple drive ways didn't you? lol

If I can keep a customer happy, I will. If it is outside my comfort zone or level of service I can deliver in a quality manner, I will tell them. I know my limits.