Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Here ya go, Kevin!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
This made me think of you! hahaha

1972548_10153966065340377_1016631580_n.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ha ha. I'll keep that in mind for next Trick or Treat. On another note, I did try to fly it out to intercept some deer the other evening, but the controller I was using froze up @ 100 yards. I have a different one arriving in another day or two that will fly it out 800 yards or further....lol

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Mike if you have a Tinkerbell outfit, I'm sure between all of us TOOZERS we could come up with a harness some ropes and pulleys and have you flying around in your back yard in no time for your little girl. Only catch is you got to let us film it and put it on you tube.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok boys & girls, Toonite's the night ! I recieved my new rc control today & it was like learning to walk again, the controls are a bit different. Not to mention more sensitive. I just hope the deer cooperate with this good weather. I'm fearful the video clip I share will be erratic, since I'll have to use binos for line of site. Have a barf bag handy....lol. There's a bean field nearby that they've been coming out. I saw a shitload last weekend in this field coming home from work @ 8pm. I've never seen that many at that spot, which I'll be sitting in a buddy's backyard. Our housing addition butts up against it. I've been batteling back pain & sciatica, so I dunno if I'll even hold up. This is a mission ! lol

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, here we go...lol First of all, I suck. Success & failure were at hand. I had mentioned the sensitivity & I was right. It's hard to control the thing with the new rc. I was expecting deer to come out from the distant woods, but about 5 came running out between some houses up from me & ran towards the woods. The tilt on the drone is quite powerful using the new rc, so when you stop, it gets topsy turvy & will fall somewhat. The biggest problem with the distance is that it's hard to see the drone, even with binos. I wanted to come in slow & easy, but the deer were running around. It felt as if I was herding them...lol The drone itself got way out there quickly, but it was hard keeping it smooth. Anyway, the deer were running around with one even laying down. They were out there a few hundred yards & the drone just acted goofy. Probably too far out for what I wanted to do without a spotter. I'll learn from my mistakes for the next time. Here's a small clip I edited to cut out the excessive bobbing up & down. What you'll first see is a pump of some sort sticking up. Funny how I started hearing the music from Apocalypse Now when the helicopters were coming in from the ocean for that attack scene, when the deer were running all over....lol. I have a white LED on the nose that I imagine the deer saw,which perhaps spooked them all the more.

Last edited: