Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mound City snow goose trip

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Had a fun little trip to Mound City this past weekend to kill snows. We averaged 15+ birds per day and it was a good excuse to run the dog a little more. Still have a lot to square away when it comes to geese. He just HATES the fuggers so he like to play games with them rather than a quick simple retrieve! That'll be fixed SOON! Anyway.... here's some pics.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pretty cool man. Glad you and sarge had a good trip.

I wouldn't worry too much about him handling the geese. With enough repetition I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe revisit some force fetch with dead birds.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Pretty cool man. Glad you and sarge had a good trip.

I wouldn't worry too much about him handling the geese. With enough repetition I'm sure he'll come around. Maybe revisit some force fetch with dead birds.

Oh yea.... always training. He handles them but its like he flat out has a grudge against them and will throw them in the air and maul them like hes getting revenge. Kind of comical but def a habit that needs nipped in the butt quick!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love the sunset picture. Glad you had a good trip. I am sure it was a blast. No pun intended.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good stuff man. I think that is pretty close to where I went with Kaiser. Squaw Creek Area? We killed 150 birds in 30 days. Pretty good way to get sick of cleaning birds...

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Yea Jesse, just east of Squaw Creek. Squaw creek is just one of those places that if you've never seen it as a hunter you should go in your lifetime. Its amazing the amount of birds that stop there on their way back to the breeding grounds. Approx 1-1.3 million birds on it while we were there.