Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A proactive approach

My son and I get after the coyotes every winter after deer season. This winter has been the worst we have had in a long time and I think it has helped the coyotes when it comes to killing deer. We were out 2 week ends ago and found kill number 3 a button buck and it really is starting to irritate me. The good news is we killed numbers 5 and 6 of those bastards for this winter and on a brighter side we saw 27 deer. Our deer numbers seem to be as good as they have ever been so I guess getting after them is doing some good. Here are a few pics the coyote I shot at 127 yards in the back of the head with my 204 Ruger enjoy. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395334972.519779.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395334986.660969.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nice! That reminds me of what a squirrel looks like after taking a .22 hollow point to the head...lol

That is what I call "massive brain damage"!

Lol! My son ran him out of a section, he was running across the field towards me and stopped to turn around and look back LIGHTS OUT!!!

We didn't take a pic of the one my son shot. It was probably 100 yards or so running quartering away, he gut shot it with his 243. 70gr. Nosler ballistic tip it look like the yote was loaded with Tanerite!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well done. Glad to see another local on the boards who is working on the coyotes and tagging some nice deer.

I have seen some squirrels like this as well. 17hmr to the head does the same to a squirrel. Never seen it on a coyote though. lmao

Thanks yotehunter we usually have more down by now, this winter has been hell. It's not the cold that bothers me it's the 2 feet of snow on the ground.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks yotehunter we usually have more down by now, this winter has been hell. It's not the cold that bothers me it's the 2 feet of snow on the ground.

I hear you. When there is that much snow on the ground I am busy moving it around. Sadly, the snow seems to slow down the deer movement, but not the coyotes as much. Keep on keeping on them Lumberhead.

yotehunter

spencerville oh

Yea we run them with hounds, the snow was a bother for us for a while but we done OK this year . I'm like Phil when it snows it is tough for me to get out with the group but we ended up killing 34 in western Allen eastern van wert and southern paulding and and southwestern Putnam counties. There is plenty of them around . And like Phil said half to have another local on board.