Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Time to stock up

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
The market is catching up and/or exceeding demand on many firearms and magazines currently. Most of the panic buying prices have passed and things are getting close to or back to where they were prior to Sandy Hook.

For example: SW M&P 15 sport was around $600 and is back to that price, AR magazines are once again sub $15 if you look around you can get sub $10 for them. Ammo is still a bit high but prior to Newtown I was seeing M855 for around .34 a round and its around .37-9 depending on where you look. Pistol ammo hasn't come down as much, 9mm is trending around $27-29 per 100 where it was closer to $26. 45ACP is within a dollar or two. 22LR is still virtually unobtainium (or at least at a price I am willing to spend).

That being said.....how long until another person brings the focus back to firearms as the worst thing ever? The time to stock up (if you can) is when prices are down and its quiet. Now is as close to that time as I think we will get.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Went to bass pro last week and they had one pound of 4064, No primers, No 45 caliber bullets. I looked at a guy looking and said i thought it was getting better and we both laughed. Seems like the guns are around but reloading stuff is off and on still.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Went to bass pro last week and they had one pound of 4064, No primers, No 45 caliber bullets. I looked at a guy looking and said i thought it was getting better and we both laughed. Seems like the guns are around but reloading stuff is off and on still.

The store shelves will stock back up after theses goobers stop visiting twice a day to to sell it at gunshows for 3x markup.

Here is what my ammofinder app has today for the calibers I'm looking for online.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395285618.272086.jpg

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
We had 13 million NICS checks a month at the peak and almost a year over 9 million a month. That many firearms dictate a kit of ammo being sold.

It is now starting to slow and those panic firearms are starting to show up on the used market (although with inflated pricing). Ammo will take another 6 months to catch up and fall back to "normal" pricing. 22's will take a year more I suspect.

If you think 22 hoarders are crazy you should see some of these reloading guys. One dude I know purchased 70,000 primers. He shoots once a week....

Reloading supplies are coming back but in ebb/flows. Just by reading the firearm/reloading forums there are a lot of NEWBs reloading now. Good for them...

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I seen that Obama sold more firearms in 2013 than in any other year in history.
The more firearms being in the hands of law bidding citizens the crime rate continues to fall to a historical lows.
The gun grapping fools just don't see this and want all firearms out of the civilian hands so I guess crime rates can go back up to record highs. Doesn't make any common sense.

The reason as I see it on 22LR shortage. The 22LR is the most popular caliber there is. And I've seen guys who may buy 100-200 rounds per year buy 10,000-20,000 rounds if available.

Obama as the super salesman.
http://www.gunrunnersblog.com/view.cfm?post=5773

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
We had 13 million NICS checks a month at the peak and almost a year over 9 million a month. That many firearms dictate a kit of ammo being sold.

It is now starting to slow and those panic firearms are starting to show up on the used market (although with inflated pricing). Ammo will take another 6 months to catch up and fall back to "normal" pricing. 22's will take a year more I suspect.

If you think 22 hoarders are crazy you should see some of these reloading guys. One dude I know purchased 70,000 primers. He shoots once a week....

Reloading supplies are coming back but in ebb/flows. Just by reading the firearm/reloading forums there are a lot of NEWBs reloading now. Good for them...

Yeah./..good for us! :smiley_coolpeace:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Remember when you couldn't touch a bushmaster for under a grand. Toldl y'all they'd be practically giving them away eventually. 200 rounds. 100 round drum and the rifle under $800.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395401639.355552.jpg

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Remember when you couldn't touch a bushmaster for under a grand. Toldl y'all they'd be practically giving them away eventually. 200 rounds. 100 round drum and the rifle under $800.

View attachment 20357

I don't believe you want that 100 drum magazine in Ohio. I believe we're still limited to 30 round magazines.