Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Def Leppard Is Set To Tour With Kiss This Summer

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I may go. Last time I saw Def Leppard they weren't real good. Pretty boring show. Poison opened up and should've headlined based on the two performances. Joe Elliot just doesn't sound very good live IMO.

Now kiss on the other hand... I saw them a few years back with the wife and kids. It was a great show!

So, I may need to give Def Leppard a second chance. Love their music, that's for sure.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've only been to one KISS concert and it was the year they came out with the song, Lets put the X into Sex. We were cruising on west bound I-70 from Zanesville to Columbus on our way to the show. We started seeing a hell of a firework show up ahead of us when we got to the Gratiot/Brownsville exit. I told my buddies that I bet them that the Firework plant/store off st rt 40 was on fire or something, sure enough about a half an hour later as we passed by its location it was totally engulfed in flames.

The KISS show was pretty dang good TOO!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Not a big Kiss fan here either, I actually prefer their slow stuff versus the harder stuff, like "Beth" or "Hard Luck Woman". I guess I prefer the slow Peter Criss voice versus Simmons or Stanley.

Buckmaster

Portage
Anyone remember the old Kiss trading cards?

I had a bunch as a kid. Most ended up being clipped to my bicycle frame and inserted into my spokes.

Rummmm.......

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Everyone to their own entertainment. I always thought of it a just a bunch of loud noise. Must be the hearing.

epe

Lancaster
Yep, just like the gf and I left a bar Saturday night because it was a country band... Bored to death..........

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I'm not a KISS fan at all. The reason I went was free tickets. I can honestly say though, I really enjoyed the show. Since then, I listen to a few of their songs. Strutter may be at top of my KISS list if I had to create one.

I like the song 'lick it up", the lyrics suck, but the music kicks ass

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im not a KISS fan either but I went in 2000 to see them and it was probably the best show Ive seen, their music is ok but their live performance is awesome. This is probably my favorite KISS tune.
[video=youtube;yiSB7G732Eg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSB7G732Eg&feature=kp[/video]

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Laura and I have out tickets!!! Seen Kiss way back when and Def Leopard at the World Series of Rock with J. Giles, Eddie Money and Bob Seeger.