Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tillage radishes

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I got my Farm Show magazine. There was a report that tillage radishes would lower people's blood glucose. Claims eating the radishes 3 times per day lowered his blood glucose so he could stop taking his diabetes medicine in just couple days. Also lowered his blood pressure..
I don't have that problem. Just passes the info on. Is it just one mans miracle cure or is it for real? Don't know.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Guys. I'm sure he wasn't talking about eating a serving three times a day. Lol Often it's just a piece. Never read about radishes being used to fight diabetes. But I do know that a thing called Bitter Mellon that looks like a small cucumber has been used the world over to fight diabetes. Look in to it. I was reading an article about it a couple days ago where it has been shown to almost eliminate the need for diabetes medicine. A small piece once a day is what they said. No more than two ounces. And as always the actual fruit is way more beneficial than a pill supplement. I'm no doctor so I suggest people check it out and discuss it with theirs. Just understand that most western doctors believe the only acceptable treatments are those created by their pharmaceutical buddies and disregard the millions of years of natural medicine practiced before Pfizer came along. Talk it over with him, tell him it's something you're going to do, and ask about your current medication. Also. Try to find a homeopathic doctor.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/natural-therapies/bitter-melon.html

""If you are considering using bitter melon for glycemic control, you should consult your doctor or healthcare professional first to check that it is safe for use alongside your prescribed diabetes medication, as there is the risk that taking bitter melon together with these drugs and/or insulin could cause hypoglycemia (extremely low blood sugar)."""

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Guys. I'm sure he wasn't talking about eating a serving three times a day. Lol Often it's just a piece. Never read about radishes being used to fight diabetes. But I do know that a thing called Bitter Mellon that looks like a small cucumber has been used the world over to fight diabetes. Look in to it. I was reading an article about it a couple days ago where it has been shown to almost eliminate the need for diabetes medicine. A small piece once a day is what they said. No more than two ounces. And as always the actual fruit is way more beneficial than a pill supplement. I'm no doctor so I suggest people check it out and discuss it with theirs. Just understand that most western doctors believe the only acceptable treatments are those created by their pharmaceutical buddies and disregard the millions of years of natural medicine practiced before Pfizer came along. Talk it over with him, tell him it's something you're going to do, and ask about your current medication. Also. Try to find a homeopathic doctor.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/natural-therapies/bitter-melon.html

""If you are considering using bitter melon for glycemic control, you should consult your doctor or healthcare professional first to check that it is safe for use alongside your prescribed diabetes medication, as there is the risk that taking bitter melon together with these drugs and/or insulin could cause hypoglycemia (extremely low blood sugar)."""

I'm not talking about eating anything only reporting what I thought was a interesting writeup.
I've been treated for arthritis for over 30 years. I can't take the main course arthritis medication because of my heart condition.
About 5 yrs. ago I read that MSM helped. I tried it and had great relieve in about 7 days. My arthritis doctor said there is no clinical prove MSM works but since it's natural it's do no harm to your health. It continued to help.
The 3 yrs. ago on a trip to FL I forgot my MSM and the only thing I could find at the drug store was MSM with glucosamine and noticed a great relieve in my hands and knees in 5 days. My arthritis doctor say yes glucosamine works in most people. I use it still and it has continued to work.

So natural medication helps some people if done correctly. And no I really don't really believe in big foot or flying saucers even though I may have seen one of each. But that's another story I won't discuss.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm not talking about eating anything only reporting what I thought was a interesting writeup.
I've been treated for arthritis for over 30 years. I can't take the main course arthritis medication because of my heart condition.
About 5 yrs. ago I read that MSM helped. I tried it and had great relieve in about 7 days. My arthritis doctor said there is no clinical prove MSM works but since it's natural it's do no harm to your health. It continued to help.
The 3 yrs. ago on a trip to FL I forgot my MSM and the only thing I could find at the drug store was MSM with glucosamine and noticed a great relieve in my hands and knees in 5 days. My arthritis doctor say yes glucosamine works in most people. I use it still and it has continued to work.

So natural medication helps some people if done correctly. And no I really don't really believe in big foot or flying saucers even though I may have seen one of each. But that's another story I won't discuss.

Nice of your doctor to tell you about MSM and glucosamine before having to find out for yourself 25 years after the fact. On the flip side, I bet if you didn't have a heart condition he would be Johnny on the spot to write you a script from his pharma buddies. Lol

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Nice of your doctor to tell you about MSM and glucosamine before having to find out for yourself 25 years after the fact. On the flip side, I bet if you didn't have a heart condition he would be Johnny on the spot to write you a script from his pharma buddies. Lol

In his defense he did tell me to try the glucosamine years before. And I did try it by no real relief and stopped. Maybe it was the combo of MSM and glucosamine that gave the relief to me. But I'm not about to try to find out with the great results I've had taking the combo.