Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New shed trap!!

joejoe8

This past weekend in Ohio we went to a small farm to shed hunt. We pulled up to the house, an the lady that owns the farm stop us. She said she wanted to tell us about the horn she found 2 weeks ago. She said she went to feed her chickens in the barn. An there was a horn stuck in her chicken cage. We asked to see it, thinking its was most likely a dink. She rolled out the door with a 6p side of the main buck we were looking for. Just lets you know they can drop anywhere!!

This is the buck
oneeyedjack.jpg
6p side, main beams had to be 26+
oneeyeshed.jpg

The wire cage was 15+ yards inside a barn. Unreal!!
shed trap.jpg

We looked for the match for 6 hours, with no luck

joejoe8

So the buck was in the barn?
Yes, walked thru 5ft opening into the old barn. Walked in maybe 17y or so an was eating chicken feed. Trust me guys, if I was not there to hear her story. Not sure if I would have beleived it or not. The barn is only 30y from house.

joejoe8

My buddy ask her if he could have the shed. She said that she had promised it to her doctor. But she did say if he wouldn't of ask for it. She was going to let the dog chew on it. My buddy spit his water all over the steering wheel. LOL!! We had a good laugh for the rest of the day.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
My buddy ask her if he could have the shed. She said that she had promised it to her doctor. But she did say if he wouldn't of ask for it. She was going to let the dog chew on it. My buddy spit his water all over the steering wheel. LOL!! We had a good laugh for the rest of the day.

Lol...... The spraying of my drinking water would have been my reaction TOO! You were hunting for a chew toy for a dog? Lmao .

slinger

Thats awesome, I was thinking the cage as some fence but seeing all that feed and that cage inside the barn makes this story unreal.