Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I found my wedding band!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Found it on a Google search. Jewelrybyjohan.com its deer antler with an oak pin stripe and titanium sleeve. The best part is I can send him my own antler and the ol lady thinks its nice!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394591054671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394591054671.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 52

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You planning on wearing it daily? Not sure it would hold up unless you have a pencil pusher job. No offense to those working with their brains instead of their brawn. lol

Very cool. I do like it. Just wanted to be realistic. Maybe you could have a couple bands. One for day to day work and this one for fancy affairs.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm with Phil, be careful what you do with that thing on your hand. I'm on my second ring and Fluteman is on his second I believe. Rings on the hands of a redneck get beat up pretty good!

That said, that's a badass ring! Make for a good conversation piece.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My wife blew about $900.00 on mine. I wore it for our wedding and during our honeymoon. It sits in the gun safe for the past 12 years. My son will probably end up with it someday.

I'm about the same. Rings and me just don't get along. Right after I got married almost 50 yrs. ago a guy I worked with jumped off a dump truck and left his ring and finger up top on the bed edge. Not pretty.

Then I gained some weight and it didn't fit anymore. The 1st ring got missed placed or stolen.

About 15 yrs. ago my MIL seen I didn't have a ring on so she gave me my deceased FIL's ring. Once again weight gain got that ring off. But since I'm loosing weight again I should soon fit back into it again. Not really sure how my 7 BIL's felt but I asked couple and they all said they didn't care.

Phil do think about rings around equipment and trucks.

Last edited:
That's pretty dang cool!!

LOL to be honest I thought maybe you had one and lost it. I've actually literally lost mine 2 times and I am waiting to get it resized before wearing it again. The first time was when I was trapping behind the house, fell off when I was setting a trap when I took my gloves off. My wife found it in the spring thaw when we went out looking for it, almost 2 months later. The second was when I was catching for my daughter as she pitched at a batting cage. We got pushed into the corner to warm up before her lesson and there was a bunch of junk and old nets piled up behind me. I guess when I took my catcher's mitt off it stuck inside enough that it fell out and into that pile. Just so happened that 2 days later when I returned to search they had moved everything. Almost didn't go back there to look and decided I had to try. Sure enough as I picked up the screen netting it was laying right there at my feet.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My finger has a "beer gut" that hangs over my ring. If my ring comes off without me trying to take it off, it means my finger and all came with it!

My finger has a "beer gut" that hangs over my ring. If my ring comes off without me trying to take it off, it means my finger and all came with it!

LOL that's how I used to be!! When we first got married it was a little loose, then we had our first kid and it wasn't loose for a long time. The last few years I've been able to get my weight down enough and last year I could stand there and open my hand with a gentle shake could have it drop of my finger.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I don't know if you guys checked out this guys page or not but he makes all kinds of rings out of exotic wood, meteorites, dinosaur bone.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Those of us in the mechanical field, I wouldn't wear one while working.... Mines on my key chain has been my entire married life... Wife understands and doesn't have too much of a problem with it.... Seen too many mishaps with rings in my life.....

That ring does look cool and if I bought something like that it'd be for special occasions lol....

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Now this post gave me something to shoot for. Be able to wear my wedding ring on my 50th Anniv. this July. Now there's a weight lose goal. Shooting for it. I will ASAP.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is very cool!

I am on my second band as well.

Third one here. Mine has 3 metals in it. Titanium is one of them.

To answer your question Frank: Yes. I think about it. Hadn't been married 2 months and had the first one damaged beyond repair. Just about took my finger with it. Hooked on the metal "S" on the inside of a used RR tie. We were moving them and I went to toss one end and it hooked my ring. That hurt. Second one hurt like hell but probably saved my finger. Piece of wood stuck on the splitter. I tried to pull it off. It came off the splitter but that chunk of wood didn't split. As I yanked the wood actually pulled itself back together with my finger inside. Bent the ring beyond repair but probably save my finger on this one. I actually had to carry the round over to the maul and sledge hammer. Drove the maul down into it with the sledge enough to get my fingers out. Came in the house to doctor up my hand and later retrieved my ring from the wood.

I still wear it daily. Racing motorcycles I always took it off. Playing basketball I took it off. Working around batteries take it off half the time. Same with welding. I like my ring. I love my wife. I probably wear it because my dad never took his off. Just something I saw as what a married man does. Nothing against those who don't wear one. That was just what I saw growing up. Didn't know any better. I am proud to wear mine though.