Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

BigSlams man shed thread

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Some of the wood from my buddies barn we will be using. Ran it through the plainer and sanded it, have to stain and polyurethane it.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394533554655.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394533554655.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 141

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah man sheds are awesome!!! Mine is for a little bit of everything from cleaning deer to reloading and cigar smoking. Gallon jug to piss in and your good to go. This will be a great thread to follow!!!DSC06251.jpg

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Good luck with the project, looking forward to following this one. I don't have a basement or a garage which blows so I built a 10x12 "man cave shed" for all my crap when we moved here 5 years ago. It worked out great for reloading, tools or whatever until I started a business then all my crap got pushed out of the way for work stuff. I plan on building a bigger one in the spring for work and then I may take back over my old one. I want to try to get into processing deer among other things so I damn near need a pole barn at this point.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Got some boards stained today. Going to give it a coat of polyurethane tomorrow.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396213756208.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396213756208.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1396213764407.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396213764407.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 152

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks! No, they'll be going on the inside somewhere. We might tongue and groove them. I have a shitload more to do yet.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looking good. If you have a boat load you got some real money there to the right person. But those boards will look good in your man cave in the years to come.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Looking good. If you have a boat load you got some real money there to the right person. But those boards will look good in your man cave in the years to come.

Just curious, how much does nice barn wood go for? This stuff is priceless as far as I'm concerned, can't buy this stuff at Lowes!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I don't know as it's not my thing. If I really wanted some I would reside my son's 100 yr. old barn as it's really weathered.
Some building contractors are always looking for it as is craft people for craft shows. My brother uses a lot of it but he used free wood from falling down barns.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Not my area of expertise at all either but I did know a guy who was trying to salvage and sell barn wood for awhile. I overheard him talking prices with the buyer now and then on the phone and talked to him a little here and there just out of curiosity. He told me it depends on the type of wood, length and thickness of the boards and the quality. He was mainly interested in old wood siding that was salvageable and then the guy buying it was (I think) turning it into flooring. I'd guess really good boards maybe $5/foot or so based on what he told me. This guy would actually go tear down old barns for free and then take all the lumber to a buyer a couple hours away so it's gotta have some value to be worth all that trouble. He did however go get a real job after awhile lol.

I watched a show once about another guy that had a company and all they did was salvage wood and refinish it/resell it. Interesting stuff but I don't have the time, interest or patience to go out and try it for myself.