Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

egg sinker mould

oopsagain

After many discussions with other walleye run anglers I decide to "tackle" making a mould for 5/8 ths egg sinkers.. After three prototype I got them to weight.. Now I have a three cavity mould... It sure does beat pouring them one at a time..

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I saw the mold on Saturday at our yearly get-together. It's a fine piece of craftsmanship from a master machinist.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sounds pretty cool. Can't have enough sinkers. I had a buddy once that had a mould for making floating jig heads. Something with styrene balls.

oopsagain

[/URL][/IMG]6.photobucket.com/user/oopsagain/media/002.jpg.html]
[/URL][/IMG]

Here it is.. It measures 3x4 5/8 thick per side.. It does have two sets of cavities.. The first one that I cut had my tool offsets to small and the sinkers came out .678 ounces.. So I adjusted offset and machined other side of mold.. These weigh .605.. Added engraving weight inched up to .61.. I do have to take the engraving deeper because the numbers don't consistently cast that you can read them..

The machining was done using autocad/and autocam.. It was a real challenge to draw the sinkers and then transfer that to the mold blank.

Last edited:

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
[/URL][/IMG]6.photobucket.com/user/oopsagain/media/002.jpg.html]
[/URL][/IMG]

Here it is.. It measures 3x4 5/8 thick per side.. It does have two sets of cavities.. The first one that I cut had my tool offsets to small and the sinkers came out .678 ounces.. So I adjusted offset and machined other side of mold.. These weigh .605.. Added engraving weight inched up to .61.. I do have to take the engraving deeper because the numbers don't consistently cast that you can read them..

The machining was done using autocad/and autocam.. It was a real challenge to draw the sinkers and then transfer that to the mold blank.

You did a hell of a job Don. Im glad I got some from you. I've been a pouring fool this week at work since the boss is in Daytona. Im trying to pour enough 1/2 and 3/8 for 6 of us that fish daily