Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Giveaway #1.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Something I would like to do this summer is have a series of giveaways. Maybe a few times a month I'll post something up along with the qualification rules. The winner will be chosen either by vote, points, or a random number.

This week we'll be giving away this waterfowl themed 4x6 photo frame.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394462721.364757.jpg

To throw your name in the hat post a photo of your favorite bird hunting memory along with some back story to the photo. It can be turkey's, waterfowl, doves, pheasants etc anything with feathers. We'll call it quits next Monday the 17th and a random number generator will choose the winner.

Last edited:

epe

Lancaster
uploadfromtaptalk1394464986209.jpg

Memorable hunt, for a couple reasons. I did a log roll on a hidden underwater log. I looked like a bumbling idiot. I didn't fall in on that one, but on a shot I slipped on a rock, and went In backwards...Quite the hunt.

JPN

coshocton
I shot my first banded bird on opening day of 2013 season hunting with my dad. The duck was banded a year earlier in Louisiana.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like you two have some stiff competition! Not everyone at once. Lol.

Is this a "pick better shit to giveaway" hint. Lol

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Not at all! I think it's a great idea. I'm just waiting for better shit. Lmao!

I'm kidding. I stayed out of the running only because there are more dedicated bird hunters on here that would deserve it more. Plus, I don't have a cool story. Lol

Someone with a lab or pointer might really appreciate that frame. Great thought Joe.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like you two have some stiff competition! Not everyone at once. Lol.

Is this a "pick better shit to giveaway" hint. Lol

Lmao Joe, I don't think that's the reason as I thinks it's a very cool gift. Many here including myself prolly don't bird hunt much but I'm sure the hardcores will be posting up pics pretty soon! JB,Jesse,Sean,Jake,Zach's,Beener,JohnR and others I've yet to mention.....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ill throw one in, this picture was from 2 seasons ago, i shot both the rabbit and bird in that little woods behind me in the picture right next too my parents house, we flushed 15 birds in one group,(only killed one lol). another reason i keep this picture around is the kid standing beside me is my cousin, this hunt was the last hunt any of us have been on with him, he is an army ranger now and has only been home twice since leaving, and he starts green beret training next month so we will not see him again for quite some time.

Attachments

• pheasent.jpg
    pheasent.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 73

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm so jealous of that pheasant! I'd kill to be able to walk out back and do that!!!

I have lots of great bird pic/memories I can share, but I can't enter a contest to win shit from my own website! lmao

Buckmaster

Portage
Shared some times with family and friends on a pheasant and chucker hunt. We had some mighty fine shooting that day as we went 42 of 45.

Attachments

• Pheasant Hunt.jpg
    Pheasant Hunt.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Pheasent Pile.jpg
    Pheasent Pile.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 105

Buckmaster

Portage
A January 2013 walk through the Jefferson Co. woods rendered a pair of these rare birds.

Attachments

• Grouse 1.JPG
    Grouse 1.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 62

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
It's a cool contest and gift, I just don't have anything to post since I've never hunted birds. I'll grab my crossbow and go stalk a robin or something in the back yard so I can play lol.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm so jealous of that pheasant! I'd kill to be able to walk out back and do that!!!

I have lots of great bird pic/memories I can share, but I can't enter a contest to win shit from my own website! lmao

Shame you are too young to remember the 1950's and pheasants then in NW Ohio around Lima.
I can remember when the 1st show came and see 100's of pheasants in a flock feeding in the corn fields.
Then came along DTD and fall plowing and the pheasants went downhill to almost nothing.

No picture but had the experience of hitting a pheasant with our truck in SD going 80 MPH. It hit the top right corner of the windshield on my side and scared the living shit out of me. On the same trip on the way home a pheasant hit and took out the grill and air conditioner coil. My son drives that fast not me.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Rare indeed! Saw my first grouse in I don't know how long this past January while rabbit hunting. Had a perfect shot at it, but decided not to try. Just had to let it fly.

Aren't the grouse still in good numbers around Athens? When I deer hunted there in the 1980's we seen a lot.

Big Weff

Athens
Aren't the grouse still in good numbers around Athens? When I deer hunted there in the 1980's we seen a lot.

I would not say they are in good numbers. I've probably put in about 30 hours of shed hunting this year and I've only flushed out 4 which in my experience is quite a bit for around here