Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Need help finding...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am working on a couple of projects and need help acquiring a couple items. First, I need a linear actuator with a working load of 200# and a longer throw. The other is some extension springs with about 100# working load and about 5 inches in length. I know this is an "out there" request but I figure we all come from diverse working enviroments.

I can get a linear actuator but new they are like $150 and I really don't wanna sink that into this experiment. The extension springs are hard to find. I found what I need but there working load is only like 30#.

Beentown

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
http://www.mcmaster.com/#springs/=a1k4mn

McMaster-Carr is the bomb. Great customer service and tons of stock, will ship UPS same day if ordered by 6pm or so.
Great resource, makes Grainger and MSC look like wannabes (and I really like MSC). McMaster can be high, but their service rocks.

And you wanna do 88mph if my memory serves me right....88....if I'm wrong I'll buy you a beer

Last edited:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
HAHA it is 88! The Ranger will do it butI like picking on it...like a little brother.

Yeah I am aware of McMaster-Carr and they do a great job. The only problem is that their electric actuators are low poundage, precision pieces where I need high load less precision. Plus they want $200 or more for one.

Something that would work are the electric actuators that are used on larger boats to lift the floor to make the engine accessible. Still thinking.

Beentown