Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Horton Archery - Auction

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Buyer beware.

I have it on very very good accord that a lot of Hortons inventory was defective and should have been sent back to the Chinese manufacturers. But instead it was stored and borrowed against as assets. Odds are the creditor seized the collateral after Hortons bankruptcy and is liquidating it. They may or may not know the items leveraged as collateral were defective. Be sure you personally check each item in person before purchasing. I do not have an idea of how much of their inventory was leveraged in this manner, of even of these items were leveraged, but my source tells me it was a very very large portion of their inventory before closing that was defective but used as collateral.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Public auctions where the reasonable goes for twice the price. :smiley_blackeye:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Man that's a lot of shitz.....that stuff will be everywhere once it's bought.

And I would be afraid to buy most of it. There were a ton of bolts. That will flood the market quite well. Boxes of scopes? We are talking tens of thousands of scopes. How in the world do you have so many bolts and scopes but everything else is gone? Had a link to this auction forwarded to me a couple weeks ago. I checked it out. Decided the risk outweighed any possible reward. My guess is Sportsman's Guide or some place like this will have a bunch of cheap scopes and bolts for sale the next decade. lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Why would they have bolts? Were they into hardware too?

J/k Phil.
P.S. they shoot arrows.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't call them arrows. It is a crossbow. Crossbow bolt? Not the right terminology? I dunno. I am a dumbie when it comes to these. lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Not really. You don't use really really short all thread to bolt a chair together. :)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's kinda like when guys go nuts when people call a magazine a clip.

The commonly accepted nomenclature for a crossbow projectile is bolt. And a longbow or compound projectile is commonly called an arrow. Kleenex vs facial tissue. Skill saw vs rotary saw. Saw all vs reciprocating saw. All commonly accepted nomenclatures. Twig vs stick vs limb vs log.

However a clip and a magazine are two separate things just as is a belt.

Calling a magazine a clip is about as silly as calling a compound arrow a bolt or vicea versa.

;) Lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Crossbow = bolt.

What's everyone so afraid of? It's an auction. Buyer beware, as with any auction. I'm thinking about going and I don't even own a crossbow. Lol

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Here we go again, lmao! :smiley_arrogant:
Just because it's commonly accepted nomenclature doesn't make it right. Arrows have fetching and bolts do not.
hni-BvsA-03.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Crossbow = bolt.

What's everyone so afraid of? It's an auction. Buyer beware, as with any auction. I'm thinking about going and I don't even own a crossbow. Lol

Can I give you my cell if you go. I'd like to stock up on stings.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here we go again, lmao! :smiley_arrogant:
Just because it's commonly accepted nomenclature doesn't make it right. Arrows have fetching and bolts do not.

Yeah huh. Do you have tits? Nope. Here's what's funny. Neither do women. Technically tits is the plural form of "tit". A bird. But the commonly accepted nomenclature for a woman's breast is tits. :) and they'll always be called so. Lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry I derailed us. Well, I am blaming Mike for teasing me. haha

I would find it hard to believe all the bolts, arrows, or arrahs would be bad.