Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Noodling for coyotes

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well you know the old saying "stupid is stupid do". That about covers it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When I first saw it I had the sound off and thought it was a ground hog but was surprised and initially thought of Don lol..... But it could of been yote hunter as well lol....

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Is this crazier than Manny Puig swimming with and basically "playing" with alligators?

I shared this on facebook, i can't really beleive that i just saw someone pull a yote out of a hole, it takes some big cojones for sure to do something like that, i'm just saying, i'm just curious to know where you all think something like this ranks with others that have hands on encounters with carnivores/predators?

I'd like to know how this guy got to the point of getting his hands on the coyote in the first place. A den is much deeper than a person's arms.

It's illegal to disturb an animal in it's "nest", here in Ohio. Like shooting a squirrel nest.

That being said, I've heard of barbed wire being used, like a drain snake. Once it gets tangled up in the animals fur, you just pull it out...animal and all. I've never see it done, but I would imagine it would be nearly impossible to pull such an animal out with barbed wire.

Bowhunter57

Ricer2231

I think if you look in the very beginning of the video you will see the barb wire. My grandpa used to do this with rabbits, I know a long way from coyotes, but I think it's the same procedure this guy used. Grandpa would cut a piece of barb wire right by the barb. Leaving the barb on the piece he wanted to slide in the hole. Once the wire came into contact with the rabbit he would start working the wire in a circle like a drain snake. The barb would get twisted up in the rabbits fur and then he would pull the rabbit out. This was probably 35-40 years ago when I saw him do this.