Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Compound Bow

Hoytman62

Two years ago I bought a new Hoyt CRX32 Compound Bow. I tried several bows, Matthews and all and decided on the Hoyt. I simply love this bow. It shoots great and is fast enough for just about anything to hunt. Every year different manufacturers come out with new bows. I know of people that get new bows every year, just sounds senseless to me. I found a great bow and would never change unless something happened to it. I was just wondering what motivated someone to buy a new bow every year instead of using the bow they had already bought. Just wondering....

runhunter

I bought my CRX new in 2011, and I am in the same boat. The only issue I've had is a little "creak" in the limb pockets last winter. Could happen to any bow, and it's an easy fix. Sure you can buy new, sell the old, and make a few bucks back, but I just don't see the point in buying new every year, or every other. Radical changes aren't being made from year to year right now. I'm very happy with my set up, which only got better last year thanks to Milo (arrow change/advice) The only thing I do, is put a new string on every other year. I shoot a lot, so dropping a few $$ on a Winner's Choice is a cheap refurb so to speak

dthbyhoyt

N.Carolina
Two years ago I bought a new Hoyt CRX32 Compound Bow. I tried several bows, Matthews and all and decided on the Hoyt. I simply love this bow. It shoots great and is fast enough for just about anything to hunt. Every year different manufacturers come out with new bows. I know of people that get new bows every year, just sounds senseless to me. I found a great bow and would never change unless something happened to it. I was just wondering what motivated someone to buy a new bow every year instead of using the bow they had already bought. Just wondering....

Some folks just got to have the newest , latest , greatest bow made ...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Been shooting the same Hoyt since 2004. It still does a great job, saying that it is pre parallel limb. So I am looking for something to upgrade. Just haven't found the right deal yet.

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
I personally have the same belief.. if it's not broke don't fix it. I have owned 2 compund bows in my 30 years of bowhunting. Currently still hunting with my Mossyoak(forest floor) 2001 model Hoyt MT sport. Its on its 15th season and still going strong!

I probably upgrade my hunting compound ever 5 years. There isn't huge changes in technology that would make want to upgrade every year. However if you upgrade every five years there are some real advances in technology. If you dont believe just look at the amount of limb deflection in the 08 bow compared to what's out now.
btw this is the traditional archery section of the forum.