Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Abduction case.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

So I sat down on the couch this morning with a cup of coffee and turned on the local channel 7 news. I had vaguely heard on the radio of a local girl (14yo) being abducted (ran away together) by a 44 year old man and they were searching for them but I didn't bother looking it up. As I sat there having my Morning coffee this popped up on the screen.

HOLY CRAP!

IT'S"Jumanji"!!!!
(Yes I know that's mildly racist but I'll explain.)

See three years ago I got permission to hunt a farm here in Clark County. I showed up to scout it and ran in to a little black guy out there.. By little I mean barely five foot tall. I told him I was going to scout around a little and he offered to show me around. Nice guy. He then went to hs SUV and I kid you not pulled out this spear that was taller than him and had a 15 inch bowie knife mounted on the end. The feeling of my .45 securely tucked in the back of my pants was quite comforting. As we walked he went through the woods at a crouch ducking slightly under brush I about had to crawl under. As we came to a big log he hopped up on it crouching, scanning the woods ahead with his spear at the ready. It was at this point I thought I better take a picture of this as my buddies will never believe I just met a 5 foot tall, camo wearing, spear toting black fella in the woods. It was after that text he became known as Jumanji, as he reminded me of the tribal Africans carefully traversing the Serengeti with their spear at the ready. This guy was strange.

BTW. he is uphill of me in this picture.

And now here he is on the news after abducting this 14 year old girl. Apparently he has been in a relationship with her since she was 12. last September he was caught trying to run away with her and had an upcoming court date. They must have decided to try and run off again. I called the Clark County sheriffs office and let them know he used to camp out there all the time. Then showed the deputies that showed up at the house. where on a map I always saw him. He used to camp out there all the time and look for bigfoot. no. I'm not kidding. He would camp out there and make bigfoot sounds as he was convinced bigfoot was in the Treemont City area. He even made a brown ghili suit and would walk around the woods at night trying to look like a small bigfoot. Alex (TripleA88) had the pleasure of meeting him once when we went out to listen to turkeys. He was camping out there with his bigfoot looking white wife and his two teenage kids. I always knew the fugger was off.

I'm going to stop out there this evening to see the landowner.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

Here are some Items they found in his truck last September. You can see the knife that's on his leg in my pic and the blade on the right is the tip of that spear from my pic.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Isn't that the same crazy old woman-landowner that wanted you to cut wood or something? She got all crazy on you? Yeah, good time to go see her again since there is a little Hannibal Lector running around out there. :)

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Jumanji is in some deep shit now.

Crazy story. Hope they find the girl and him soon so they can send her home and lock him up for a long time.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Isn't that the same crazy old woman-landowner that wanted you to cut wood or something? She got all crazy on you? Yeah, good time to go see her again since there is a little Hannibal Lector running around out there. :)

Yeah. She kicked me off the property after jumanjis tent got messed with and some things stolen by a trespasser. The cop told her she needs to stop letting people hunt. She allowed Jumanji to stay but kicked me off. She adored him, dudes a pretty good con artist. I took it as she was basically accusing me of stealing and didn't take kindly to it. I knew who did it as I had seen the guy trespassing, and told her if she would have asked I would have told her who it likely was. But since I was accused of it and kicked out, it wasn't my problem to get in the middle of. I had done a ton for her in the year I was allowed out there trapped about a dozen coons out of the hay barn, mended fence, cleared brush and hauled it off, even brought in her paper and mail.

I stopped out months after that to talk with her, you know, just chat. The real reason is she had a tree in her yard that blew over and had been there for a months. Really I just wanted to subtly let it be known that If I still hunted there the tree would be gone by now. Yeah, I know, I'm a dick. She eventually asked if I would haul it off. I just kind of looked at her and replied. Well..... I would...... But I've never taken a thing from you, and I wouldn't want to start now.

Huckleberry Finn

Holy crap...I remember you telling me the story about him years ago...and I did see that on the news this morning as well...damn.

Oftentimes, I feel like I know everyone in the state through this website - through one connection or another - not so glad of that this time!