Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youtube

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I am youtube illiterate. I watch stuff on there, but have never put a video on. I'm trying to add Mason's buck vid right now. It has been loading for an hour, 10 minutes or so remaining. It is maybe a 5 minute clip. Is this a normal time frame to load a vid to youtube?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I am youtube illiterate. I watch stuff on there, but have never put a video on. I'm trying to add Mason's buck vid right now. It has been loading for an hour, 10 minutes or so remaining. It is maybe a 5 minute clip. Is this a normal time frame to load a vid to youtube?

Yep. Normal. It's not YouTube so much as it is the internet service provider. They talk so much a blazing speeds but that's all download speed. Download you might get 7-10mb. Upload you'll get 512k to 1mb if you're lucky (1024k = 1 mb). they throttle it that way so people don't run servers, websites etc out of their house. Say you had a server. Your 512k upload speed is your visitors max download speed from your server. That would suck ass and likely nobody would visit your site. It should a crime that they're allowed to throttle connections to the internet at all. And now with the internet laws passing in congress they'll be allowed to throttle download speeds from certain sites. Say AT&T doesn't like YouTube or it competes with their new site called AT&Tube. They will legally be allowed to throttle your connection to YouTube to so slow you don't want to use it and opt for their instead. This could also be done with any site critical of them, doesn't share their political agenda etc. that why we need to fight for "net neutrality".

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, thanks! I think I added a tag for The Ohio Outdoors.com, or at least tried to. If I did it right, that may help direct folks here...? Whatever, I'm stumbling through this... :)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
It is crazy how long it takes to upload to youtube. I had a 10 minute video take a couple hours to upload once. Really sucked and I know it was not do to my connection speed lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Now it is saying my vid has been queued and will be precessed... WTH! Stupid thing...

Yeah, I hate that. It takes clips from the video and puts them below the video as it is being loaded. It's a pain in the ass. If you are like me you will see it is finished and can be located at the above link lol. I click there and then copy paste that link here on TOO and it never works lol. I always end up logging out of youtube and then going to my page and find the video and hitting play and then copy paste that link here on TOO and it works. Again, STUPID lol. No idea why it has to be so hard to do but it is for me lol.