Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fast Coyote Hunt

Last night I went out with a neibor to try to get a coyote he saw

A little after dark we walked in
We were just a little ways out of the woods in a corn field
There is a overgrown creek botton to our right

We had not sat there for 5 min when he tryed a chalange call
I was watching ( red lens on a light on the 223 ) the woods
He had a red light on his 870 and was watching the field and creek line

In about the time it took you to read my post
Right after he called a big male coyote came charging out of the creek bottom

At 15 or so yds it got a load of 4 Buck
The coyote came so fast , I never had a chance to see it before he shot it

We tryed 2 more places , but never saw another coyote last night

I have never had a coyote come in so fast
Has anyone else had a coyote come in fast like that?

John

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hey fast or slow a dead coyote is a good coyote. Good job. A dead coyote is on my short list.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes. I have seen them come in this fast. Seems like most of our kills have been this variety. There have been a few which come in slowly and work their way to us, but more times than not we never get a shot at the ones which come in slow. This is in reference to night hunting anyway. Truth be told, most times we don't see nor hear a thing. Congrats on your kill John!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yea I had it happen a few years back. I knew the coyote was in the section set up and the wind was perfect for the section. Sat up to the north of where I figured the yote was in a patch of woods. I turned the caller on and took the scope caps off and there he Was on a dead run coming right to me. I put him down at 70 yards. This was just after daylight. It was just like a grey fox would do when we had them. Most of the ones I've called always circle. But this one didn't for some reason.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Pulled into my parking spot and decided to call before i headed out across the field and after about three screams on the critter call one came running in. I rested my elbows on the hood of the truck to steady the shot and drilled him at about 60 yards. That was a few years ago.