Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boot issues-problems?

epe

Lancaster
A buddy of mine gave me a number for a research firm, who is working with a boot maker. Basically thursday I go in from 4-530 with my favorite pair of boots, talk to them for 90 minutes, and get a voucher to get a pair of boots between $100-$200 :smiley_clap: I figured I would ask you guys what you like- dislike about the hunting boots you use. Thanks.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
this X 1000.

Not really. It's like 1,000,000 in my experience. I've never had a pair of waterproof boots last very long.
For the limited walking I have to do here on the farm I use my Muck rubber boots only.
I did have somewhat of luck with my Danner boots but then my feet started growing and had to get rid of them.
Yes at 52 right after my 1st open-heart surgery my feet started growing and went from 9 1/2 to 11-12.

For rubber/neoprene style boots it's durability to thorns....which in turn relates to staying water proof. Had a pair of Lacrosse that didn't make it a year without having tears in them from thorns.

For lace up boots, they have to be quick laces with the hooks. Also it seems the soles on these types of boots never seem to last. Either they need to be better OR they need to be made in a way where you can have new soles put on them. Had a few pair of Rocky boots over the years, the old one's you could have the soles replaced and the new ones (which appeared to be made exactly the same) you could not.

Wanted to add that for someone with low arches it's important to have good insoles inside of them too.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
I remember going to Brooks boots and shoes factory in nelsonville to buy Rockys when they first started making them. What a awesome boot they use to make. Like everything else they went to china and now they don't last.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
My other main problem is I have really wide feet. Doesn't matter if I buy my boots in extra wide width, I eventually blow the sides out.

And for some reason they always stink when I finish wearing them. Cant figure that one out:smiley_chinrub: