Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did ya see da 40 Pounder!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So there I am... Sitting at the base of a tree scanning the snowy wilds for my prey.. As the cold set in I took out my Flaming hot Cheetos and had a little snack.. As I sat there munching on the fiery hot goodness i saw a little Button Buck crest the ridge with his nose in the air. I enjoyed watching the little guy in the gray morning light, a blanket of still falling snow framed the moment.. He worked closer and Instantly i could feel the movement of awe welling inside.. Perfect.. What a sight! It's a shame most will never witness this event in their lifetime. Instead they proclaim we're crazy for sitting in the cold Snowy woods awaiting that moment..

The little fella fed closer occasionally checking the wind... Then it happened. The wind shifted and he went on full alert... He didn't haul ass out of there as one would have expected. Yet he began a trot right towards my location. Little guy has a lot to learn i said as i chuckled... To my surprise we walked to within feet of me, staring right through me with an outstretched nose.. I could almost feel his warm breath on my face.... I dared not move enjoying this opportunity of a lifetime.. My flaming hot Cheetos bag lay silent to my side. He sniffed around and found the bag poking his nose in and snagging a couple... BANG!!!! I winced backwards from the shock of the noise piercing the calm cool air.. I opened my eyes and what did i see the fella lay dead at my feet... A horrific wound in his throat.. Seems flaming hot Cheetos were just too much for the little guy, one bite and the flaming hotness blew his throat out... Such a shame.. FYI if you happen to drop some Cheetos from your stand, and care even the slightest about QDM.. Get down right then and pick it up.. And here coonie said we shouldn't feed corn to deer as bait because of the risk of disease. I'm here to tell you.. It's not the corn that could destroy our deer herd.. It's flaming hot Cheetos!! The ODNR should ban all Cheetos from hunters day packs in the woods...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

rrr

That brings a warm feelings to my heart Joe, I can't wait until TF see this.

I love the fact that you have not 1, but 2 rebel flags on your porch!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He didn't eat my Cheetos. It was just another dead deer story... Bang... kick.. dead.. You know the routine..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
That brings a warm feelings to my heart Joe, I can't wait until TF see this.

I love the fact that you have not 1, but 2 rebel flags on your porch!

HA.. that's only the side porch.. I think he has 9 or so.. Keeps the neighborhood honest. ;)

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Did you put that in your game bag when you walked out of the woods or did you just tuck it under your arm, hahahaha?

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats Joe. That little feeler will eat just fine buddy.

I seen the thread title and was like WTF ? until I seen the pics rotflmao. Truth be told...I would shoot it at this point and not feel bad about it :D. No different then veal in my eyes.

Congrats again buddy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Did you put that in your game bag when you walked out of the woods or did you just tuck it under your arm, hahahaha?

NoDakRat helped me drag it a ways, then another buddy helped. It was tiring i tell ya.. lol . I threw it over my shoulder and carried it like a turkey for a couple hundred yards. Field dressed with the gramble he was 40 pounds. Quartered with inner and outer loins it was 20 pounds even.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
NoDakRat helped me drag it a ways, then another buddy helped. It was tiring i tell ya.. lol . I threw it over my shoulder and carried it like a turkey for a couple hundred yards. Field dressed with the gramble he was 40 pounds. Quartered with inner and outer loins it was 20 pounds even.

Toss in that bag of Cheetos and you have yourself some lunch :D. Now get back out there and shoot his grandpappy and leave the milk at home this time :smiley_clap:

NoDakRat

20 pounds of the best meat you'll ever sink your gums into. :smiley_bbq: What you don't see in the first picture is he's holding it about a foot off the ground. While we were at the scene of the crime, it did look like there was a scuffle for the cheetos. :smiley_boxing: The bag was torn up and J-lope had tiny little orange hoof prints all over his pants. Pretty sure we can write this one off as self defense. :smiley_bodyguard:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
20 pounds of the best meat you'll ever sink your gums into. :smiley_bbq: What you don't see in the first picture is he's holding it about a foot off the ground. While we were at the scene of the crime, it did look like there was a scuffle for the cheetos. :smiley_boxing: The bag was torn up and J-lope had tiny little orange hoof prints all over his pants. Pretty sure we can write this one off as self defense. :smiley_bodyguard:

Well, Some people hold the racks way out to make them look bigger. Jack just has to hold the deer up and do the same thing rotflmao.

I wouldn't let Joe BS ya either. It wasn't self defense. It was out of RAGE !!!

I hear the little buck stuck his hoof in the bag at the same time Joe did and they touched. Joe got all pissed off ripped his hand back out of the bag tearing it in the process and blasted the little feller lol.