Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Turkey Chronicles - 2014 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The birds have to be loving this weather! I would think there will be several birds seen in the fields the next few days hammering at all this newly exposed ground. Getting pretty excited for this season. Probably the first time I can actually say I'm excited to turkey hunt!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I also have some new weaponry to use this year. I sold my O/U and bought a 11-87 Super Mag in black. It's going to be a slayer with the right choke/ammo combo. I just like to shoot birds, so letting them get too close is just showing off! lmao

Schu72

Streetsboro
Ohio game and fish was predicting a good season, due to better than average poult survival the last two years. I'm really looking forward to this season. The boys have a new 1187 20ga in MOBU that we need to get patterned. Good times ahead.

teej89

NE PA
So pumped! A lil dew on the windshield this morning and relatively moderate temps made it feel like turkey season. Been working the diaphragm call every day to work, so getting a good hourish of practice in each day. Will be taking my new 12ga out just gotta figure out which one to buy first... Which is an ongoing dilemma that I don't wanna get into loL!

Huckleberry Finn

I stepped out this morning to leave for work and thought "Turkey season is around the corner" and then I said "you're a friggin idiot, you haven't killed a bird in 6 years and you don't want to" haha

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I can't wait for turkey season. I love deer hunting, don't get me wrong, but there is just something about a gobbler hammering as he is coming into your setup through the spring woods. No new gear for me this season.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I can't wait! There ain't nothing better than hearing gobbles in every direction on a spring morning! Except deer hunting, that's better IMO :D

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I'm excited for turkey season this year. I learned a good bit last year, and I'm anxious to see if I can use that knowledge to my advantage. I would like to purchase a nice turkey vest/seat combo, as well as a slate or glass call, and I'd really like to have the Avian Jake and Breeder Hen Combo. Dang, I need to work some overtime!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm excited as well. I'm buying one tag this year though so when I eat it I won't be as pissed like the last two seasons! Haha

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Im stoked. Looking forward to going out youth season to help Joes buddy travis. Havent been out a youth turkey season since 2005. Im 100% confident well fill his tag. Should be a good crop of 2 year olds this year.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I'm excited for turkey season this year. I learned a good bit last year, and I'm anxious to see if I can use that knowledge to my advantage. I would like to purchase a nice turkey vest/seat combo, as well as a slate or glass call, and I'd really like to have the Avian Jake and Breeder Hen Combo. Dang, I need to work some overtime!

Those Decoys are perty!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im stoked. Looking forward to going out youth season to help Joes buddy travis. Havent been out a youth turkey season since 2005. Im 100% confident well fill his tag. Should be a good crop of 2 year olds this year.

I hope your right Alex, that will definitely make for a great spring.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana

Counting your chickens before they hatch. That's never good. I feel sorry for Travis already...lol

I'm ready for turkey season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather turkey hunt than deer hunt any day!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
They are flocked up around here. They seem to be following the local deer herd lately. I been watching 2 groups of birds . Those poor bastards had a ruff go of it this winter. We don't have a lot of birds, but me and a partner have done really we'll the last 4 years. I enjoy the hell out of it. Counting down the days.