Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Basketball

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
image.jpg
We have a Baseball thread so I thought I'd start one for Basketball, fell free to add your kids teams and your likes or dislikes about the game or teams you follow.

My kids are both apart of tournament basketball teams and it's totally eatting up just about all of my free time. I really enjoy being able to coach my kids and watch them continously grow and get better. My daughter goes to Columbus this weekend to play in a School tourney and me and my boy will be in Ravenswood. This past weekend my boy, Austin, played at Belpre. My boy is the one standing in the middle.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392765552.989283.jpg

Here are my boys from last year. I'm the head coach of 6-8 grade boys at Pinnacle Academy in Euclid, Ohio. We went 11-0 last year and this year we are currently 4-0. I absolutely love coaching/teaching these boys the game.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I always liked basketball when I was younger. I played until High School. I cant stand to watch NBA. The fact that travels aren't called, and breathing too heavy on anybody driving to the hoop does get called kinda ruins it for me. I watch Big Ten basketball and March Madness. I still play every sunday night with the Findlay Police department and some city prosecutors and other officials

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was disappointed my son chose indoor soccer over basketball this winter.

Much like Ryan "Redhunter", I still watch a bit of March Madness but can't stand NBA.

Buckmaster

Portage
My boy is ready to play some ball but he's only in K. Our youth program begins at 4th grade. He'll make 7 of 10 here at the house. He practices every day by his own doing. Its fun to watch him because I never had any basketball skills. I'd bet he could beat me in a game of HORSE.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
image.jpg

We had another great weekend. I really enjoy working with this group of boys. We finish up this coming weekend in Morgan County, then it's time for baseball!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 61

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good stuff Guys. My son's season comes to a close next weekend & I keep forgetting to take the camera to the games. Took a break from coaching just to be able to sit back and cheer for a while. This season's been a rough one. The boys haven't won a single game, but they've been competitive the last 3 weeks with 2 ties, and 1 loss. Hopefully this week they pull out a W. Proud of my son though, he's been playing tough, he keeps trying harder every week with a great attitude, and what he lacks in height he more than makes up for in hustle, defense, and driving to the hoop. Glad his favorite player is Aaron Craft right now. :smiley_blink: Just hope he turns out to be a more consistent shooter than Aaron.

Last edited:

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Alright guys I haven't done a great job of keeping you guys updated but here it is. We finished the season 7-1 (shouldn't of lost but our best player was out) and we have had two extremely close playoff games that we have won. Today is the championship game so wish us well and I'll let you guys know if we get it done later today.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good luck on the championship!

Our season ended in a crappy way, the boys only lost 1 out of 9 games and the last tournament we played we were #1 seed and got snowed out for the championship so they didn't get to play. Hate it ended that way but all in all I think everybody enjoyed their selves.