Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Knife knowledge?

Ricer2231

I came across this knife today and was wondering if anybody would have any knowledge about it. It is approximately 6" long from end to end and has what appears to be a zebra stamped by the handle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392677289.503787.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392677308.432086.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392677322.700526.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Did you Google it mike? I was looking for it and during my search I found a company called Randall Made Knives, they look very nice!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
First "zebra stamp knife" and then "horse stamp knife" and then looked under the image search until I saw the mark.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Good knives that sold for around $150 average. Someone goofed when sharpening that one. I would take it to someone who can give a new profile and edge. Should be a good knife. I always thought the were overpriced but they had a following. Looks like the Bushcraft model which I liked best.

While they are giving it a work over have them buff that rust off.

Ricer2231

I spoke with Battle Horse Knives which is basically Blind Horse Knives under a new name since the separation. I am taking it to them tomorrow so they can tell me all the info about it and I am also having it cleaned and sharpened while they have it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I spoke with Battle Horse Knives which is basically Blind Horse Knives under a new name since the separation. I am taking it to them tomorrow so they can tell me all the info about it and I am also having it cleaned and sharpened while they have it.

That's awesome!

Ricer2231

I stopped by Battle Horse Knives today and had them take a look at my knife. These people are all class acts. Everyone from the secretary, Brooke to the owner Dan Coppin to his daughter Alisha.
I was just going to drop the knife off because they close at 2:30 but Jon, a great guy and one of the employees that has been there since the beginning, said if I wanted to wait he could clean it up and sharpen it, it didn't matter that the shop had been closed for 40 minutes. About 20 minutes later he returned with my knife and told me I had one of the first knives they had made. It is called a Small Workhorse and was made in 2007, their first year in business.
Dan was a super nice guy to talk to and a very personable guy. He even gave me a little lesson on how my particular knife was made and how they knew the age of my knife.
All in all a great and educational experience with some great people. Plus I got to see some of their newer awesome looking knives.

All cleaned up and sharp as a razor.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392854763.340937.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1392854778.249879.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
That's something you can't get at cabelas or bass pro...small business customer appreciation