Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cowboy boots, and CCW

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Well as many of you know I work for a branch of Rocky. If there is one thing I truly love (other than deer hunting) its cowboy boots. I have about 10 pairs! I dont go a day without wearing them, heck I wear them to sales calls with dress slacks even. Always have, and probably always will.

I have recently wanted to buy a small CCW, currently have the XDS45 which I love. I also would like to have a Ruger 380 or 9mm. I am looking for suggestions on holsters that would fit around the ankle inside a cowboy boot.

Any suggestions?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Albert, you work for rocky, have them design a boot with a CCW built in it lol..... Oh and if this takes off I want my cut hahaha....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Albert, you work for rocky, have them design a boot with a CCW built in it lol..... Oh and if this takes off I want my cut hahaha....

WOW! Im literally going to run this by our designer!

This seems like it would be pretty cumbersome to draw. You would have to pull your pant leg up pretty high with your left hand then reach over and down the boot to draw the gun with your right. Ankle carry is already pretty slow, however drawing from a boot seems like it would be very cumbersome in a stressful situation. I recommend inside the waist band holster like the crossbreed super tuck. I've carried guns a lot bigger than the XDS IWB wearing jeans and a t-shirt without it printing noticeably.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
This seems like it would be pretty cumbersome to draw. You would have to pull your pant leg up pretty high with your left hand then reach over and down the boot to draw the gun with your right. Ankle carry is already pretty slow, however drawing from a boot seems like it would be very cumbersome in a stressful situation. I recommend inside the waist band holster like the crossbreed super tuck. I've carried guns a lot bigger than the XDS IWB wearing jeans and a t-shirt without it printing noticeably.

I agree 100% I normally carry in the ass of my pants. However, a gun in a boot and be comfortable seems worth it to me vs. not having one at all. I am often, in and out of a car several times a day. One in the waist gets to be a pain in the ass, no pun intended. So I feel that one in my boot will be nice to have, and I pray Ill never HAVE to use it.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
My LCP fits fine with ankle holster in side a pair of Dan Post boots. I donno if anything much bigger would be comfortable.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
TOO each his own, but I would ratheer carry ANY other way than ankle. "Hey Bad Guy, give me a sec or ten while I bend down and dig this outta my boots/pants."

Jamie

Ohio
I'd only carry in an ankle holster if I were using it as a back up for my primary carry gun, IWB.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
TOO each his own, but I would ratheer carry ANY other way than ankle. "Hey Bad Guy, give me a sec or ten while I bend down and dig this outta my boots/pants."

This....

What is your current CCW? What holster are you carrying it in and where? Perhaps we can suggest something to make it more comfortable.