Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tablet ?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looking at getting a tablet that I can surf, take pictures and upload with for an upcoming adventure I'm going on... Would like y'all's input as I'm a non techno guy lol...

Basically I don't want too lug around a laptop and have too worry about battery life too much and something that will take in clement weather heat and dust.....

at1010

*Supporting Member*
my word of advice dont focus on just apple! I have seen some really nice Kindles when im traveling.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Albert does the kindle have a camera too it? I know the older one I bought for the wife didn't...

That I am not sure, but I tell you the reading, and internet surfing on the one I played with was WAY better than apple products. Also a lot of guys wills ay look at Samsung, I have only heard good things but I never have messed with one myself.

Gordo

Athens County
I scanned some at best buy today. Was really lookin for one that acceps SD cards . Would be great for hauling on TC checks. They only had ones that took the micro SD.

I honestly couldnt get over the selection. Lots of them to choose from

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
When I was looking real hard at getting one, I really liked the specs on the Sony Xperia Tablet. I wanted something that would accept full size SD cards for checking cams, as well as an IR blaster which allows you to use it as a universal remote for your TV. It has both, and has great reviews, but you will pay for it as well.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I have a Google Nexus. It's fine for surfing the web and using apps. However it does not accept full size SD cards and it's camera only works for things like Skype. I guess the new version better but if I were to buy another one I'd probably go with the Ipad mini. My youngest son has one and it does everything.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
What is meant by retina display??? Gimmick???

Retina display is said when you look at the display it should be the same as if you stood there and looked at the same pic or sceanery or whatever else in real time with your own eye. Should be the same color depth and look identical.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Retina display is said when you look at the display it should be the same as if you stood there and looked at the same pic or sceanery or whatever else in real time with your own eye. Should be the same color depth and look identical.

Here is a better description then what I wrote lol

retina display

Retina Display is a brand name used by Apple for liquid crystal displays that, according to Apple, have a high enough pixel density that the human eye is unable to notice pixelation at a typical viewing distance. ...

Huckleberry Finn

Steve you using one of them????

Yea I have a 7 inch that I use for work, fits in the back of my jeans pockets. We also have a 12 that we use that has a keyboard in the case. The Android software is real easy to use - I believe its identical to the Galaxy phones. WiFi works great, camera is good. I love the smaller one because it is practical to email on but also use it for GPS and mapping in the field.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm trying too stay away from buying a laptop and if the 12" size is easy too use and camera works well and takes fairly clear pictures that's what I'm after.... My son said too just go get an iPad but I'd like some other opinions as well....