Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Boarhead's Trophy Room's

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpxjSc6BAM[1].jpgphpDPqYtEAM[1].jpgphph8T8wNAM[1].jpgphp2r0yFOAM[1].jpgphpYBBf4FPM[1].jpgphpG4IndhAM[1].jpgphpkV9wd3AM[1].jpg Here are some of my mounts I have been lucky enough to take over the years.The coyote mount was my first one I caught in a dirt hole set back in 1983 and the turkey fan with the wings on the right by the weights was my first gobbler I shot back in 1984 and man has turkey hunting changed quite a lot since then. The chocolate colored bear was my first archery bear taken in Saskatchewan Canada and the black bear rug was my second archery bear taken in Alberta Canada.The bucks were some I have taken over the years and I can remember each hunt like it was yesterday sure are a lot of memories there.Someday will have to get the basement finished but it works for now.Will post some more pics of the upstairs.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpWkKhdMAM[1].jpgphpuPICYAAM[1].jpgphpr1OW0nAM[1].jpgphpMsHzGiAM[1].jpgphpDR4TTyAM[1].jpgphp2acDARAM[1].jpgphppPGPmeAM[1].jpgphpwNrWWpAM[1].jpg On the last group of pics the life sized black bear I shot with my bow in Cordova Alaska where my friend lives on a DIY hunt he was over 500 lbs.The half mount bear was also an archery bear in Cordova Alaska some of the best hunts I have ever been on and a lot of hard work but worth every minute. The antelopes and my first muley were archery kills in Gillette Wyoming. Would love to get back there some year as it was a blast and probably my favorite out of state hunt. The turkey beards beside the euro mount were a few over the years and the call beside them was my grandpa's and was a Ben Lee slate trough call that's going back a few years as I am sure a lot of the younger guys would not know who Ben Lee was. Most of my bigger deer here were archery kills also. All of the coyote hides I have caught in my snares. The nice thing is my wife does not mind at all about all of the mounts and she is a big Michigan fan so I don't mind her having a small place in this room to hang a few things she likes .LOL The red fox and beaver hides I trapped several years ago also and the skulls are from my bears with a few nice sheds I have found.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpROmTFjAM[1].jpgphpOttQHEAM[1].jpgphpTEaDDxAM[1].jpgphp1lvbnKAM[1].jpgphpuLFbZmAM[1].jpgphpKq7tg4AM[1].jpgI Will say that I feel fortunate and lucky to have been able to take some nice big game animals over the years and hope to get a chance at some more in the future as everyone of them brings back some great memories not just the hunts but spending it with some of my friends also. I went to a crossbow last year due to some issues with my left arm and hope to take a nice whitetail with it sometime in the future.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
One of the nicest man rooms I've ever seen. Hopefully one day mine will look half as nice as yours. Minus the Michigan trash:D

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Impressive show room you got there!... That sure is a nice 6pt side you got in front of the fire place. What does it measure?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You get tax breaks for marrying a woman who qualifies for the "college fan choice disabilities act"?
:smiley_crocodile:

Had to bust your chops some Boarhead. That is some serious dedication to have harvested as many fine animals as you have over the years. Congratulations on all the fine accomplishments.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys and but gotta let the wife have her Michigan area cause she puts up with all of my stuff so props to her. And always a Raiders fan, LOL. Thanks Gordo and that drop tine buck had 8 and 7.5 inch bases. J.D, that shed scored 96 inches and I found it last April and yes he is still on the farm I am hunting. Only I pic of him the last 3 yrs but several sightings. He is a hog and figure he will go around 210 and came real close to getting him in 2012 season. When these bucks start getting some age on them their core areas always seems get smaller and they really become homebodies if they have the right cover and for me it is all about the CRP cover. Thanks again guys as it is nice to share with all you guys cause I know you all know what kind of time and energy goes into getting on animals like these especially the whitetails.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
:smiley_clap: What an awesome display Brian!!! Thank you so much for sharing! I'll be stopping back into this thread several more times to get a better look! Very impressive buddy! Many great memories for sure!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Wow! Brian, I have to say that you are quite the Hunter Dan! Lol. Seriously, very nice collection of Whitetails and other big game. Congrats on your well deserved trophy's and memories aquired. Just awesome Buddy!