Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Eric Church

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
The wife gave me his new CD as a valentines gift last night. Listened to about half of it on the way into work this morning. Something about that dude's style just takes me back to cruising with my Dad to the river or woods as a young boy and listening to the "real" Country music.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Holy crap! I was just gonna make a post about his new CD today. Seriously, I was thinking about it seconds ago... log on and BOOM, there's one at the top of the page. Lol

I pre-ordered it from iTunes like two months ago and couldn't wait to hear it. I like his style because he writes his own stuff and stays true to how he feels and what he does. The Outsiders song says it all. This album has everything from laid back style to in your face sit the F down style. Right now I give the Carolina album the top nod, but this one may push it after a few more listens. In all honesty though, just about everything he puts out is kick ass and true musicianship.

Love the message in "That's Damn Rock and Roll". He's a true family man and doesn't get caught up in the glitz of fame. Great stuff!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wifey picked it up last week. I've only listened to it once so I guess the jury is still out... But honestly, I was a little disappointed in it. IMO this album isn't even in the same league as Chief. But then again, Chief was frickin amazing. He set the bar high with that one. Maybe too high.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
carolina is imo his best but this new one I am excited to hear. My buddy in Carolina is going to see him tonight!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wifey picked it up last week. I've only listened to it once so I guess the jury is still out... But honestly, I was a little disappointed in it. IMO this album isn't even in the same league as Chief. But then again, Chief was frickin amazing. He set the bar high with that one. Maybe too high.

My first impression was the same. Chief was a badass album as well. Give it another listen as you drive down the road. It'll grow on ya. The best thing about him? He writes his own stuff!

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Church is awesome! His new CD is kinda iffy to me, but like cotty said "That's damn rock and roll" is a good one. My favorites were that, "Talladega", and "Broken Record." He's just an awesome artist that is true to the core.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My first impression was the same. Chief was a badass album as well. Give it another listen as you drive down the road. It'll grow on ya. The best thing about him? He writes his own stuff!

Yea, I fully believe you. I'm sure it'll grow on me eventually.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I like Church, but haven't' bought a CD/album in years. Going to check out a few of the songs you guys mentioned here, then maybe I'll pick it up. Outsiders is just flat out bad ass!

themedic

OHIO
I think he mumbles a lot and his volume at times is hard to hear. But I'm sure it will grow on me over the next 3 months as it probably wont come out of the CD player. If you like Church, you prob like Justin Moore... I think his music may be a hair better

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I think he mumbles a lot and his volume at times is hard to hear. But I'm sure it will grow on me over the next 3 months as it probably wont come out of the CD player. If you like Church, you prob like Justin Moore... I think his music may be a hair better

I disagree with Justin Moore being better than church. Anyway, isn't Justin Moore about 5' tall and he sings that song "I could kick your ass"?

He's 5'7" I just looked it up.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I disagree with Justin Moore being better than church. Anyway, isn't Justin Moore about 5' tall and he sings that song "I could kick your ass"?

He's 5'7" I just looked it up.

And his accent is fake as hell. Bugs the shit out me. His accent has vocals coach written all over it.

I like what Waylon's boy shooter had to say about both of em. Hell. All of this fake ass crap they call country coming out of Nashville today for that matter.

http://youtu.be/CJwCwGDqiWg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Shooter is the man! He does not get a fair shake at all.

By the way, Shooter came out and said Outlaw You was not about Church. He hinted around that Aldean and Luke Bryan was a target though. Lol

It's at all of them. Church, Moore, Aldean, Bryan etc. Despite what shooter said to keep the lawyers off him, church is the only one who wears an iconic baseball hat. Nashville keeps churning out these "outlaws" as an image. If it's not outlaws it's crap like brad paisley, Florida Georgia line, Keith urban, Emerson drive, Kelly clarkson, Gloriana, Sundy best, Brett Eldridge, the band perry. Etc. Garbage teeny bopper load of Nashville image group BS. They sing country because they can, not because they are or because it comes from the soul. Twenty years from now nobody will remember their name. Then you have great country artists like shooter, johnson, etc that have to fight for every song to even be played on the radio. But Kelly Pickler lets out a queef and it gets spun every 5 min on the radio. None of the greats would stand a chance in today's Nashville. Sickening.

It's at all of them. Church, Moore, Aldean, Bryan etc. Despite what shooter said to keep the lawyers off him, church is the only one who wears an iconic baseball hat. Nashville keeps churning out these "outlaws" as an image. If it's not outlaws it's crap like brad paisley, Florida Georgia line, Keith urban, Emerson drive, Kelly clarkson, Gloriana, Sundy best, Brett Eldridge, the band perry. Etc. Garbage teeny bopper load of Nashville image group BS. They sing country because they can, not because they are or because it comes from the soul. Twenty years from now nobody will remember their name. Then you have great country artists like shooter, johnson, etc that have to fight for every song to even be played on the radio. But Kelly Pickler lets out a queef and it gets spun every 5 min on the radio. None of the greats would stand a chance in today's Nashville. Sickening.

Amen!!!!!