Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Waze

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If any of you use the waze navigation app I started a TOOzers group so wet can see each other.

Just search for it.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Ok, I'll bite... what is it & what is the purpose ?

Its a navigation app like google maps or whatnot. However it has some advantages. Its also a social app of sorts. As I drive to work I can mark where there are cars stranded on the side of the road or where I noticed a cop in the median on I70. The next person coming along the same route using Waze then will be warned approximately half a mile from where I marked it of whatever I marked. It also uses the info from people traveling to determine slowdowns, traffic patterns, etc. I can also send my destination and ETA to people via text and they can watch me drive the route or meet me there. Kinda nice to send to the wife so she can see where i"m at in case she needs me to stop at the store or something.

I find it helpful and like it. I think Joe posted a screenshot of it on here and I asked him about it.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So how many have come close to wrecking while using this ? lol

Not I. It's no different than a gps. But it's user updated for things like icy spots, broken down vehicles, even cops. An I auto updates things like traffic slow downs etc.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If you use it you don't have to do the user updates, you can just drive on and let others tell you whats out there. Also it does have a hands free way of updating for cops and such.