Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Working in the Oil Feild is Dangerous.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
The rarity of these things says a lot about you guys that work around that stuff.

It's a great job, a great field to be in but things can happen. This is the closest of something horrible that has happened to me. I was on a rig where one hand had a really bad accident and he almost passed away. Every time I walk out on to the rig I walk with caution.

Gordo

Athens County
Damn......................... guess no one cares about this.

Thats not it man. Its very tragic. It sucks.

Dont know what else to say other then to be safe out there, and be thankful you werent involved.

Ive never been on one of those rigs, so cant relate.

Ricer2231

Dont know what else to say other then to be safe out there, and be thankful you werent involved.

Well said Gordo. I'm in the same boat. Worked the oil patch but never the rigs. You're part of the TOO family man, we care it's just hard to get too in depth when ya haven't experienced it first hand.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Scary stuff . We were talking about it yesterday at work . Whats the consensus? A downhole freeze that let go ?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio

Same here! Hope you and your brother Jim are careful out there! I know I worry about my brother working on his job sometimes as being a ironworker has its dangers as well.

The extreme weather conditions don't help either...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I was listening to a radio story about guys working in the oilfields - the guy being interviewed had the most to say about how close the crew was and that they all had each other's backs regarding safety - he was the one bringing up safety over and over, rather than the interviewer. She kept wanting to talk about other things, and he wanted to talk about how important they all regarded safety and worked together like family.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Damn......................... guess no one cares about this.

Years ago a guy was telling me about touring propane facilities in the USSR. They were using homemade tanks in cabs, trucks etc. These tanks had flat heads, no relief valves, no fill gauges, basically propane bombs. He questioned the safety. The Russian said occasionally they had a "kaboom". The American asked about the drivers. The russky said "pfft, we can always get another of those" I guess the USSR didn't have a BWC. :smiley_clap:

Hunter II

Be careful out there. I wish they wouldnt broadcast the telephone ringer over a loudspeaker but it is the sound of money. Drill baby, drill!

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Have not heard TOO much more about this. I am sitting at home right now on days off / Rig move to a new location. This is my 5th winter in the patch and by far the coldest and hardest.