Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arrows do some crazy things.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm goofing off on youtube, watching Excalibur videos as it's something that has caught my attention over the last year or so. This Canadian lady has at least three videos that I've seen. She shoots pretty well. This video shows that even a well-placed arrow isn't a slam dunk. Look for the exit. Here's a neat note; you'll see air blow out when they show it in slow motion towards the end of the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tYJwRMAT98

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That was weird! Like you guys said, downward angle A, tru da boiler room too A, how da heck duz da arrah come out da back so high A?!? Why he not go down..........Be still MA he'll go down..........

Did she ask him, "Should you go home and get your rifle?" Lol

Congrats to her, that's a great buck! Thanks for sharing Brock.

teej89

NE PA
That's wild how that arrow basically turned 60-90 degrees in him and came out just below the spine. Blows my mind....

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Very interesting video. Thanks for sharing Brock. The way they talk up there, almost sounds like their from another planet?!?. A.... Lol
As far as that arrah,A.... I think that the deer's body reaction has a lot to do with how it travels through the deer's body?

That is crazy. I was thinking it was going to be back out through the gut or something...not that. Just goes to show.....nothing is a guarantee and like he said, lucky they had that little bit of snow. Oh and was anyone thinking second shot even though he was that good distance away for a while??

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I saw the dark spot on the hair as it was walking away and thought "no way". Only reason I noticed is the heads up that something crazy would happen! That is crazy fo sho!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I thought the same thing, Jesse. I wasn't sure until I watched the slow motion bit at the end and saw air blow out of his back.
Chuck, that deer standing out there in front of me would have been turned into a pin cushion! :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My first bow kill was close too the same thing.... Missed on the first two shots and the third hit high heart and the arrow deflected straight up upon entry and spines him.... Dropped like a sack of potatoes.....

I just wrote it off as a rib deflection....

NEOhunter

I watched that and was thinking how in the world did it come out so high. I was also shocked that the deer didn't go down quickly.
Cool spot to hunt from though