Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Screw fell while shooting

Strizzi

Hey guys, need some help. I was shooting my mathews creed xs on Saturday and heard something hit the floor. It was a little hex screw. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392122212.097535.jpg
I've looked over the bow and cannot find where this came from. The only spot that looks like it would go is on my ripcord SOS. Here: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392122134.044820.jpg but I don't see what a screw there would do. I'm lost and nervous to shoot it until I find where this goes.

I hope someone can help me out. For reference, bow is mathews creed xs, sight is HHA optimizer, rest is rip cord SOS, ktech stabilizer.

Thanks in advance!

I'd just make sure it didn't come from a cam or something, probably not though. It looks like you did find where it does go and Milo would know on that one. A screw there is just a set screw that helps nail down your arrow rest to a point on your riser. It likely was never tightened down to begin with. If the screw in the berger hole is tight that little set screw really doesn't do much for you.

Strizzi

You don't need it bud. Keep shooting

Thanks you're the man! I was hoping you'd chime in!

I'd just make sure it didn't come from a cam or something, probably not though. It looks like you did find where it does go and Milo would know on that one. A screw there is just a set screw that helps nail down your arrow rest to a point on your riser. It likely was never tightened down to begin with. If the screw in the berger hole is tight that little set screw really doesn't do much for you.

I checked everything and it was all good and tight and nothing looked missing, it's a perfect match for that hole so I'm guess that's where it came from. Thanks!