Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cold nasty winter

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
It's forecasted for -4 0n Tuesday and zero on Wednesday. I swear I've had enough winter. What say ye?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not going too complain about it being cold because my summer is looking too be a 110-125 degree swing..... So I'll enjoy this for a little while longer lol....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Doesn't help when this is happening right now, somewhere ... far far away

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Kevin, I will let you know when I get to Florida in about 19 days if anything is still going on down there lol.

This winter sucked lol. Any thought I had in my head of going to Alaska just hit a speed bump lol. Screw that idea.

Buckmaster

Portage
My parents are in AZ for Feb. Forecast is 88 this weekend.

I try to find the positive, like less mosquitos and ticks this summer because the larva was frozen.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Love this weather! Winter has finally arrived back home in northern ohio. This is how I remember winter as a kid in the 80's, wish it would be like this each year. Snowmobiling, skiing, ice fishing, good hunting (I can actually see the brown deer!)....doesn't get any better than this fellas :pickle:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
attaboy adam - way to be positive!

It ain't so bad when you're dressed right....insulated bibs, Mucks, hat/gloves/etc.... but otherwise, it sux.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Kevin, I will let you know when I get to Florida in about 19 days if anything is still going on down there lol.

This winter sucked lol. Any thought I had in my head of going to Alaska just hit a speed bump lol. Screw that idea.

As of last Thursday or Friday on the 600pm Lima News, the local meteorologist said Lima has had more snow than Fairbanks or Anchorage, Alaska this year. With that said, maybe Alaska will sound a little more inviting to you Adam? Not sure how many inches of snow you have seen, but I would guess it isn't a whole lot different than us here in Lima.

This has been a long winter. I have enjoyed seeing the snow. The extended cold temperatures have been getting old. The work it has provided has been appreciated. Not getting paid in a timely manner has been frustrating. Not seeing my family or enjoying the outdoor winter sports has been frustrating. I would still rather plow my driveway than mow my lawn though. I have only had to plow my drive a couple times and it didn't mess with my allergies like mowing does. Screw mosquitoes and high humidity days at 95 degrees.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
No bugs, no sweating, no grass mowing, no weeding the garden, no weeding the landscaping, no cleaning of gutters (unless it gets too bad and ice dams continue to build), no car washing, no poison ivy (most times), decreased road traffic (increase in snowmobile traffic - bbrrraaaappppp!!), no trespassers joy riding on ATV's.......I could go on and on lol.

Sure we all get cabin fever in different ways, but the borders aren't closed fellas. Just like those who do not like the American flag....no one is keeping you here!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
As of last Thursday or Friday on the 600pm Lima News, the local meteorologist said Lima has had more snow than Fairbanks or Anchorage, Alaska this year. With that said, maybe Alaska will sound a little more inviting to you Adam? Not sure how many inches of snow you have seen, but I would guess it isn't a whole lot different than us here in Lima.

This has been a long winter. I have enjoyed seeing the snow. The extended cold temperatures have been getting old. The work it has provided has been appreciated. Not getting paid in a timely manner has been frustrating. Not seeing my family or enjoying the outdoor winter sports has been frustrating. I would still rather plow my driveway than mow my lawn though. I have only had to plow my drive a couple times and it didn't mess with my allergies like mowing does. Screw mosquitoes and high humidity days at 95 degrees.

If it wasn't for my wife and now my boys, I would be moving to Alaska in 23 months. I had a 10yr goal after graduating college...thanks honey :)

Sitting on 13.5" here. Love going to the UP, backing truck up to the 4-6' pile, unloading sled. Can you ask for more than that?!?