Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Keeping Your Powder Dry

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
raingear.jpg

I bought this "rain gear" to get the muzzle mitts (the black condom-lookin' jobbies) but it came with "Cap Guards" that I don't need. The Cap Guards

>Securely holds #11 percussion cap on nipple
>Protects against moisture in cap and nipple
"Slip Cap Guard over percussion cap and gently seat down to assure proper exposure of percussion cap top. Do not use excessive pressure. During cold weather, warm Cap Guards in bare hand to make for easier placement on nipple."

If your muzzy uses #11 caps and you want these, just shoot me a PM with your address and I'll slip 'em in the mail. I just hate throwing away good stuff.

The three woods pics below have nothing to do with this post, i just uploaded them at the same time and unclicked 'em and they showed up anyway.

Attachments

• Hill2.jpg
    Hill2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Hill3.jpg
    Hill3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Hill1.jpg
    Hill1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Shoot Buddy
You don't no black condoms. Just spend 5 bucks at the drug store for a box of 50 pair of large size rubber gloves like the hospital has. Cut the fingers off 25 pairs and you got 250 rubbers for your muzzle and 25 pairs of rubber gloves for 25 deer guttings.

KYPD

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
That is unless you wanted " the black condom-lookin' jobbies" for something else and I'm WAY off base here...
Then please disregard the above.

Its been a rough week for me...

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Dang CJ....guess I won't be buyin any more of those....
Rubber gloves I gots in spades...
And I don't need anything to keep my breechplug nipple dry...guess I'm set.

But the offer's still out there for you #11 cap guys

hehehehehehe....i said nipple...hehehehehehehe:beavis:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Electrical tape over the end of the barrel works pretty good, too... or so I've heard... never really tried it myself.