Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

new stock for my 10-22

Jamie

Ohio
I've loved my Hogue overmold stock. has been a joy since day one, but since handling my buddy's pistol grip folding stock I've been on the hunt for pistol grip stock. I really like the feel of the pistol grip. none that I found impressed me before this one. actually saw an ad for it in NRA magazine a few months ago and rather forgot about it while there was still hunting to do. not many reviews to be found as I think this has only been on the market for 6 months or so, but the handful I found were mixed. the complaint in the bad reviews was that the action didn't drop in without a lot of help. I read one review from a person with a set up just like mine which is a Kidd receiver, trigger and Whistle Pig barrel and his fit perfectly, so I decided to roll the dice. found a smokin' good deal from CTD. $87.69. pretty much everyplace else wanted $119 or more for a black one. the camo ones are $150. maybe I coulda paid more and got a better fit. I dunno.

suffice it to say that mine didn't fit. the quality of the molding looks quite good to me, but I had to remove a lot of material from the area where the trigger guard disappears into the pistol grip and small amount from the sides of the barrel channel for about 2" from where it attaches to the receiver. took me 3 hours or so to make it fit correctly, but I'm very happy with the way the stock handles. very comfortable. the adjustable butt is nice, too. the two rotary mag holders built into the butt is a clever idea, but it was all I could do to remove them once I stuck a couple in there. they surely won't fall out on their own. maybe some dry lube will facilitate their removal enough to make it a useful feature. the reversible accessory rail and optional monopod are good ideas, but useless to me. I'm a squirrel hunter, not a sniper.

http://adaptivetactical.com/adtacrm4.php

AdTac stock.jpg

overall, I really like the design and it is quite comfortable to shoot. looking forward to a walk in the squirrel woods with this baby

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like it makes for a rock solid hold! That's what I like about the 10/22s so much is how you can customize them. Sharp looking weapon Jamie!

Jamie

Ohio
yes, it feels very solid to me. pistol grip is awesome. hoping it will improve my off-hand shooting. there is not a single Ruger part on my gun. :p