Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Large cat tracks

bowieoutdoors

*Supporting member*
Ok, since I posted my trail cam bear stuff I thought I would throw these up too. WV DNR denies that there are mt. lions in the state but these tracks and numerous other claims from around the state make their denial sound ignorant. These tracks were found by my nephew when he was headed back to the house to get the 4wheeler after he shot a doe. My brothers and I were hunting somewhere else that day and didn't know anything until it was too late to try to follow the tracks. My nephew followed the tracks into a very dense pine thicket and decided it wouldn't be a good idea to go any further by himself. Another set of tracks was found several days later directly behind my brother's house. Behind as in, 5 feet away from the back of his house. It walked in between his house and building. No cat was ever seen but it's hard to think these tracks are anything else. Bear? No. Bobcat? No. Dog? No. Mt. Lion? You be the judge. I know what I believe.

Attachments

• cattracks1.jpg
    cattracks1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 197
  • cattracks2.jpg
    cattracks2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 210

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I remember a thread on another forum where guys were posting what they were scared of...spiders, snakes, the dark, etc etc.
I can honestly say the only thing that scares me is a mountain lion. If I saw those tracks, it would be straight back to the truck. Period.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I remember a thread on another forum where guys were posting what they were scared of...spiders, snakes, the dark, etc etc.
I can honestly say the only thing that scares me is a mountain lion. If I saw those tracks, it would be straight back to the truck. Period.

" Only 2 things scare me... Women an the pOlice..."

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Those are some good size tracks. I bet if you sent those pics to the DNR they would tell you the same they told me " It's a large bobcat" :smiley_chinrub::smiley_crocodile:

Interesting they look like MT. lion tracks to me and I've seen plenty out west. Did you get in a fist fight with the kitty before you took the pictures of the tracks?:smiley_blackeye::smiley_cat:

Last edited:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
My vote is for MT Lion. To big to be bobcat and if it where bear you should see the fifth claw mark. It looks like this animal has due claws that would not leave a track in the snow.