Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Super Bowl Grub, what you got ?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll be at work tonight but I made some tasty tailgate food before I leave here soon. I made a large batch of Flutemans chicken breast chunks wrapped in extra thick sliced applewood bacon and smothered with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ. It turned out awesome on bamboo skewers and my family wants more in the future. Thanks Greg!
On the grill pic

Ready to serve pic

I fried up some backstrap a few days ago and the whole family pigged out on it and is ready for more.

This would be an excellent tailgate item TOO!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I have some salsa con queso with sausage added. Then meatballs in a sweet bbqish sauce. Chicken wings are self frying in the oven as I type this. Probably going to make a sweet and a spicy sauce to finish. Then some soft pretzels and cheese sticks to finish out the night.

Gordo

Athens County
I'll be at work tonight but I made some tasty tailgate food before I leave here soon. I made a large batch of Flutemans chicken breast chunks wrapped in extra thick sliced applewood bacon and smothered with Sweet Baby Rays BBQ. It turned out awesome on bamboo skewers and my family wants more in the future. Thanks Greg!
On the grill pic

Ready to serve pic

I fried up some backstrap a few days ago and the whole family pigged out on it and is ready for more.

This would be an excellent tailgate item TOO!

Damn that looks good

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Veggie tray, little smokies, shrimp cocktail, roasted red pepper dip with club crackers, smoked cheddar with deer sticks, stromboli and scratch made brownies.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Wow, everything posted sounds great!
We're at our deer camp. Lol. We have two front deer shoulders marinated in an herb and garlic rub, wrapped in thick sliced bacon and slow cooked in the oven. Some cowboy beans and home fries with onions.
Life is good, but the game sucks! Lol

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow, everything posted sounds great!
We're at our deer camp. Lol. We have two front deer shoulders marinated in an herb and garlic rub, wrapped in thick sliced bacon and slow cooked in the oven. Some cowboy beans and home fries with onions.
Life is good, but the game sucks! Lol

Wish I was there bro!!!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Smoked a couple of racks of ribs on the Bradley. I use a modified 3-2-1 method. I rub and smoke them for 3 hours at 225. Then into a tin roaster with two cups of apple juice, cover and cook for about an hour at 325. Last, mop with favorite BBQ and onto grill to carmalize the sauce.

Did buffalo wings on the grill and BBQ'd some giant chicken breasts too! Pre-cooked them in the oven for over an hour then tossed them in sauce and threw them on the charcoal grill to brown and get gooey!! Wife made some cheesy potatoes and we sat down to watch the game and ate like pigs. Daughter made a cake for dessert too!!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
We always host a good size party. This year was a "Soup or Bowl" party. Bring soup or a dish. But we had to cancel as the wife and kid had a stomach bug. So I bagged up my big batch of venison Chili and put in the freezer. I made it a few days ahead so it would be perfect come sunday. My wife makes a real good cheddar chicken potato soup. I believe that will be the maine course for Tuesday night Poker

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Holy crap that looks good. All I had was 2 Wendy's 99 cent hamburgers and a frosty on my drive home.

I'm sorta glad Phil in Lima didn't post that as he didn't bother to bring anything over. I guess he's off the hook.
LOL.