Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Still Packing, Still Hope

themedic

OHIO

I quite playing games and laid down 3 big corn piles Saturday and Monday. I also went ahead and the hung stands in preparation. I had a few target bucks in mind. The big short tined 10 showed up at one pile with another mature buck Ive never seen. Then at another farm, not the buck i was looking for but, I got a picture of a big mature 8 pt that I think I have pics of last year. I have a weeks vacation

Big 8

last year?

Last edited:

themedic

OHIO
Had this guy come in last night and hang out for awhile. It was so dead calm and crisp im not sure I could have got drawn with out spooking him. Its awful tuff conditions.

here he is looking at me in the stand

themedic

OHIO
Getting ready to head out. I'm going to back off the pile about 100 yards towards where Ive seen the short tined 10 bed before. TTYL

themedic

OHIO
No dice tonight. Saw a shed buck, a basket, handful of does and that same 2 or 3 year old. I pulled the camera before I left. Was going to check it and either put it back after looking at pics in the truck or move the pile if he wasn't hitting it multiple times in a night. Fuckin card musta not been seated all the way in, no pics. So I made a gut call and moved the pile 200 or so yards where I think he is bedding. Process of ilimination so to speak. South wind tommorow, I'll hunt that mature 8 and then go back after the ten Friday

Buckmaster

Portage
Good luck. Rooting for you.

I conceded and ate my tag after muzzy season ended.

Back at it beginning in April spraying herbicide on the plots to begin prep for 2014.

themedic

OHIO
South wind was perfect tonight. 8 does came to the pile but then a mature doe that had triplet fawn got a whiff of me and that was all she wrote for the night