Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hickory Creek Draw-Loc

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just looked at it, that's pretty cool!

I can't say enough good about the attachment. It turns a good compound bow into a useable crossbow at about 180.00 total cost.
I bought a Hickory 25" bow used for 200.00 and added the 180.99 Draw-Loc attachment so my total cost was 380.00. I then sold my used PSE crossbow for 250.00. Best investment I ever made.
I just remove the attachment wingnut and carry it in 2 pieces to the stand. Light and compact.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My mom has MS, they say its hereditary, her mom (my grandma) has it too. She still works and everything but I just wonder what it'll be like when she gets into her 70's.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My mom has MS, they say its hereditary, her mom (my grandma) has it too. She still works and everything but I just wonder what it'll be like when she gets into her 70's.

I wish the best for your mom and grandma. My doctors said there was no hereditary evidence. I got it when I was 36 and I turn 70 next month. I've had some severe ups and downs. But when I was at my worst there wasn't any of the newer treatments there are now. I'm doing well these last few years and just have limits I have to deal with.
Like I don't have enough strength in my arms and shoulders to pull a bow any more. Also lack of strength in my legs I'm unable to get back up when I get down on the ground. That's the worst as I can't stand up in my deer stand without using my arms.
But hey life's good as I'm still alive and walking. But when I lost most of my eyesight 12 yrs. ago for 3 yrs. that was rather tough. But it came back.
Tell your mom and grandma to hang in there as new treatments are coming along every year. Tell them it's good to talk about it and it helps as someone else is always worse than you are.

Last edited: