Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Redneck engineering.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Leaving work late. I drove 30 minutes and the temp gauge wouldn't rise above 1/8th.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390871897.962253.jpg

Feed sack and twine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390871932.914803.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thermostat change time.... But the sack should help a little....

T stats likely fine. The problem was -10 and 60 mph wind through the engine compartment. Tested the antifreeze when I got home, level and condition was good. Just needed to block some wind off the engine and she heated up better.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
T stats likely fine. The problem was -10 and 60 mph wind through the engine compartment. Tested the antifreeze when I got home, level and condition was good. Just needed to block some wind off the engine and she heated up better.

Agreed too a certain extent but what did it climb up too after clocking some of the grill off? If it went up too almost normal (190ish) then your good, but typically something that low shows up as a weak thermostat.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Agreed too a certain extent but what did it climb up too after clocking some of the grill off? If it went up too almost normal (190ish) then your good, but typically something that low shows up as a weak thermostat.....

Typically it runs right under a half. Last night it would barely reach 1/4. It rose to almost a half after blocking it off which is normal temperature. Af first I thought the Tstat might have been stuck open too. Especially with GMs wonderful design of putting it on the bottom.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad too hear it came back up somewhat.... And yeah I've got two gm trucks and know all too well about their designs lol and don't get me started on the reverse flow water pumps..... The only thing flowing is money too the parts store.....