Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I was a senior in HS and was one of the few snow days we got then lol.... When they released us early I bumper skied all the way home behind my buddies 70 impala hahaha.... Sewer lids suck by the way..... lol

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I remember my dad telling me of a semi that got stuck in a drift and then totally covered. The guy was stuck in his cab for three days and could here snow mobiles going over top of his rig.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Dam. I grad in 77...
Cant believe its been that long ago.:smiley_confused_sch

where does the time go?

Buckmaster

Portage
I was 7. We lived at the end of the street so I can remember the front end loaders making mountains of snow in front of our house.

I played on those snow mountains for weeks digging tunnels, making slides, etc.

Oh, the joys of childhood.

steveOh

Dayton Area
I had a Deicing/Snowplow route for the City of Dayton and was 28 at the time. We got called in on Wednesday evening, it was raining with temps in the 50-60's. It was a nightmare! Little heat in the truck, wind blowing the snow through the door jams and freezing on the inside of the opposite window. Loads freezing up in the beds of the trucks. Drifts as high as the cabs of the trucks. Could only tell if there was a car buried in the snow by its antenna sticking out of the top. Couldn't keep up with the blowing snow and nowhere to push it. No place was open to eat or get a cup of coffee. Finally got home Sunday night for a brief rest, that is after I had to shovel my way into my driveway....some damn snowplow driver plowed it in:tantrum:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Lived in east central Illinois for a couple of years and the snow would get plowed then front end loaders would pick it up and dump beds would haul away too a designated location.... Then start all over again.....