Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anybody hunting in this weather?

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Just curious if anyone else will be out deer hunting these next few days. We probably got 6 inches of snow since last night and it's still coming down. High winds, snow blowing around, temps below zero next week with wind chills way below zero. Yikes.

I'm hoping the deer have no choice but to get up and move around during daylight so I will be out tonight, tomorrow morning and evening, Monday morning- if that's what it takes to fill this tag. I am of course hoping I can fill the tag tonight before the temps REALLY start to drop. Anybody else?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
At this point, I am hoping/planning to, but the snow is still coming down! Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday is a no-go due to the wind chill. :tantrum:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1390680169985.jpg

Rabbits!

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm going on a coyote drive here in a bit. Looks pretty nice out there...lol... I can see out the window maybe 50 yards. Looks like a blizzard!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I put some monster raxx apple attractant on my corn at noonand the deer were on it by 3:30

bhedrick

I was out this morning in a ground blind... Multiple times I had to hold the blind down due to the high winds pulling the stakes out of the ground. No deer just a few squirrels.

rsmith

today.jpg deer were up and about by my house in this and sorry didn't mean to post pic of squirrels

Attachments

• PICT0060.jpg
    PICT0060.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Wow, the deer were really moving. Clean miss on a doe :tantrum: but button buck down. :smiley_coolpeace: