Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A little help ?

Griz

NH
I am in the procces of maybe changing my cell phone carrier. I'm trying to save some money with a different plan. Most of my decission will be based on my service up here in NH. But I want to make sure I can get service when I'm in Ohio hunting. My carrier is Sprint at this time and works pretty good as long as I'm top of the ridges when in Ohio. So if I change carriers, I want to know before hand that the service is good where I hunt. That would be in Athens, Vinton, and Ross counties. Anyone who hunts in these areas will know what carrier works best. If you can advise on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
I don't hunt in the same counties you do but I've never had a problem with Verizon in Coshocton and Muskingum counties. I've also found Verizon to have the biggest coverage area back here in NH.

ajupsman

*Supporting Member*
New Hampshire
Another tip Griz, call the state parks near your hunting areas and ask them what cell service they use. I did that before our first trip to Ohio three years ago.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Verizon here as well.... Never had any major issues with reception and minimal dropped calls down in that area.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I used to hunt VC a bunch and is primarily the reason I have Verizon. Where we were you would have to drive a couple miles out of the hills or a mile to the too of a big hill for service from spring and AT&T. With verizon I got service at the cabin in the winter but it could be a little more picky in the spring.

Griz

NH
Thanks for all your help guys. It looks like verizon is it. Now all I have to do is find a plan that will save me money.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Thanks for all your help guys. It looks like verizon is it. Now all I have to do is find a plan that will save me money.

Not too pry but are you a veteran? Verizon I believe gives a veteran discount.... Might be 10% ask about it if you are.... Also are you looking at smart phones as well?

Griz

NH
Not too pry but are you a veteran? Verizon I believe gives a veteran discount.... Might be 10% ask about it if you are.... Also are you looking at smart phones as well?

yes to both questions. I will ask about the discount.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Going too a data plan can save you money as well especially if you've had your existing plan for some time......