Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Caught my first yote!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
35# male beat it on the head with my big ass hammer!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390408414523.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390408414523.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 167
  • uploadfromtaptalk1390408443070.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390408443070.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 129

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks guys, what a rush! I'm hooked now, I actually took great pleasure in beating this fawn killer on the head! My buddy told me that since I caught the male I have a good chance of catching the female tonight.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Thanks guys, what a rush! I'm hooked now, I actually took great pleasure in beating this fawn killer on the head! My buddy told me that since I caught the male I have a good chance of catching the female tonight.

Or another male its starting to get to their breeding season it won't take long for another male to move in, if you have good trails set a couple snares. Congrats again.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Or another male its starting to get to their breeding season it won't take long for another male to move in, if you have good trails set a couple snares. Congrats again.

I got 3 more set up in that area on different trails. Its only a matter of time before I get another one!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks guys! And Jesse, it takes literally 30 minutes TOO set up a half dozen snares in a good spot. I went out to check mine yesterday after it snowed, there were a ton of fresh tracks so I set up 2 more on trails that I found those tracks on. The snare I caught this one on was set for over a week, patience is the key. If you set them up on good trails eventually one will get caught up.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My buddy asked me if he could have an inch of this yotes tongue. He said the DNR is doing DNA testing on the yotes. I asked him if they are finally going to admit that the yotes are out of control lol