Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

umar22 250

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I've never heard of it either.
I just looked at a couple reviews and a guy said its heavy as hell without a scope.

Last edited:

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
With the size of the round it has to be built on the larger AR10 receiver. Same as a 308 or Rem 260 rounds.
Much larger and heavier than the 223 AR15 rifle.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I wouldn't buy any Olympic arms firearm though. IMO they are cheap AR's that are sold too people who just want to have an AR.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Never heard of it either so I Google it. Some interesting reading!

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
From 20 yrs. of experience with AR's for long range varmit hunting I think the following.
Almost all AR's are very accurate and function great if you have a good barrel and a good match trigger.
A good friend who has now passed away once stated that the AR receiver is only a necessary item to hold the trigger and the barrel from falling off the rifle.
I have to agree 100% with that statement. We have AR's built out almost every receiver there is and all are sub one inch rifles. But they all have match grade barrels and triggers.
If you build up a AR and it's not accurate it's got a bad barrel and or trigger.

We have never bought a complete AR. We buy good parts from gunshow dealers we know and put them together.

A somewhat secret is that a lot of the AR parts are built by a very few manufactures. And just have various manufactures names put on the item. Mainly true of receivers and uppers.
IMHO.

Last edited:

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Yea I read the reviews the 250 is a hard caliber too beat and the ar platform would be a awesome coyote gun. Just kinda waiting on some other manufacturers too put one in the market. As far as weight it still lighter then any of my other varmint heavy barrels. I heard good and bad on the Olympia arms. The 223 is OK on the yotes but that extra 150 yards would be nice at times

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yea I read the reviews the 250 is a hard caliber too beat and the ar platform would be a awesome coyote gun. Just kinda waiting on some other manufacturers too put one in the market. As far as weight it still lighter then any of my other varmint heavy barrels. I heard good and bad on the Olympia arms. The 223 is OK on the yotes but that extra 150 yards would be nice at times

A very simple matter of putting one together yourself.
Just get a AR10 receiver then have a 22-250 upper put together.
I would say you will always get a better rifle at a better price by putting the parts together. A complete rifle will always cost more. It's called marketing.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish

All the 22-250 has is raw speed over the 223. It also shots much lighter bullets that will be pushed by wind a lot easier. With a good barrel with one in seven rifling you can very accurately place a 77 gr 223 out past 600yds or further if you have the skills. Now I cannot argue fur friendliness because I personally don't care I just want a dead coyote.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If you really want to go long with an ar10 platform then 308 is the caliber and it can go to a grand really in the right hand and set up correctly.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
If you really want to go long with an ar10 platform then 308 is the caliber and it can go to a grand really in the right hand and set up correctly.

I also thought of that but its flat around here and that's a lot of lead to bounce around I'm kinda thinking of a 243 in the 10 platform. or I may just go with the 223 . I have dies for all three I'm sure I could work up a load. That's half the fun.